lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 09-23-2020, 03:36 PM
The Wary

Quest rings

Hi currently you can scale floating texts and above players and npc's head so you can see them in ever increasing screen resolutions.

Unfortunately you cant scale the floating icons above characters heads too.

It would be really great if you could switch to different symbols at different sizes and colours because now the symbols and quest rings are behind there floating text.

But my main reason for requesting this is because I have deteriorating eyesight making it hard to spot the quest rings even if i can spot it on the minimap and toggle floating text off.

It is even worse for the gray rings for lower lvl quests and silver rings for higher lvl quests as they simply disappear into the background.

If it is not possible to modify the floating quest rings, can the floating text above peoples heads be modified to add extra text to indicate they have a quest or make there text a different colour or even make the text flash?

Thanks for reading if you got this far.
Unread 09-23-2020, 04:41 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Unfortunately, none of that is exposed to Lua so it can not be done with a plugin. I do not believe that skins can be of any help either but I will leave that to our local skinners to answer definitively.

It may instead be best to post this as a suggestion on the official lotro forums.
Unread 09-24-2020, 06:48 AM
The Wary

Well if the skinners can change the texture, they could recolour the gray and silver rings. Looking through forums it is a commen complaint that they are hard to spot due to contrast.

In my case If they could not increase the size of the rings they could turn it into neon pink squares! now that would be hard to ignore, or better yet they could use an animation like the texture for loading areas like doors and gates use except alternating neon colours. That would be impossible to miss behind character name text.
Unread 10-15-2020, 04:49 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonefisher
Well if the skinners can change the texture, they could recolour the gray and silver rings.
When skinning Lotro UI one can only change interface elements to some degree, and quest rings are ingame entities that are not part of what is skinable. Meaning there is no way to do that with simple means. It might be possible with editing the game files that have the ring texture, but that is both way way harder to achieve technologically and potentially ToS-breaking.

On the other hand, a Russian language patch for the client exists, so there might be some knowledge out there how to patch the game client.

As a general statement, Turbine has put less and less effort into accessibility features like that over the years, probably for lack of resources. Does not make the situation better.