lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 09-22-2011, 01:36 PM
The Wary
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Plugin Question/Request

Although I am currently working on learning what needs to be done to create a plugin, I was wondering... is it possible to do the following.

As some players have experienced, some classes are required to change traits A LOT! Generally as a Rune Keeper I am required to flip traits form Healing and DPS quite frequently but the traits are always the same.

So here is what I would like to know: Is it possible to create a plugin that remembers trait orientations. So as when you open a bard the plugin (already active and waiting for the bard window to open) displays a window that allows you to click a "Use Trait Set" button and the plugin will un-slot and re-slot that remembered trait combination.

If this is possible then the plugin would need to (at the least) be able to remember Class and Legendary Traits, though it would also be nice to remember Virtues and Race as well.

I do understand that there are certain limitations to the plugins abilities, but if it is possible it would be a great plugin in my opinion.
Unread 09-22-2011, 02:37 PM
The Undying

We could create a plugin that players could use to keep track of which traits they use in different setups, but we cannot do anything to automate switching trait sets at a bard.

It is something I would really like to see though.
Unread 09-22-2011, 02:49 PM
The Wary

That's what i was afraid of, i was pretty certain that if there was a way to do it some one would have already. Re-trait Automation would be nice... maybe lotro will change the functions later to allow such actions. A windowed reminder is okay... but honestly if your like me and re-traits several times a day, after a wile you just click the icons you know u need. I understand its kinda lazy to want to automate something that is seems a bit quick as it is... but there are other classes where the trait changes aren't so clear... the Lore-master for instance (Solo-Dps-CC) the Warden and lets not forget the burglar and its mighty repertoire of trait combinations

So thank you for answering my question.
Unread 09-26-2011, 11:50 PM
The Undying

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
As far as I'm concerned, it isn't laziness - no such thing when it comes to UI design. If your users have to "work" to use your app/game, you're doing it wrong.

Sadly, D.Hicks is correct - unlike some other games which build their entire UI out of Lua, and as such, there are native API hooks to do almost everything UI related, Turbine's implementation acts more like a layer over the existing UI. Which means they have to modify the UI code itself to interact with Lua, function by function, event by event.

The good news is that it makes it virtually impossible for plugin authors to make exploits - however, on the other side of the coin, depending on updates drastically limits the rate of improvement and overall functionality of the API.

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros