lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > General Authoring Discussion (L)

Unread 09-02-2010, 02:20 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

well.. in theory, as the store button is far right of the mainbar, if you have modified your mainbar smaller than the stock version via skindef it should be left out entirely then. good point ...
Unread 09-02-2010, 02:22 PM
The Undying

Nope, its just not there at all that I can see. And I really hope that Turbine does not do anything to change it, or resist allowing skins to remove it.

I understand they need to make money and such, but the way I have my UI laid out, having that button forced on me would make me very angry.

Anyways, here is my panel section:

Code:
<PanelFile ID="toolbar">
    <Element ID="ToolbarField" X="0" Y="965" Width="1680" Height="85" Detach="1">

<Element ID="ToolbarFieldMain" X="0" Y="5" Width="1680" Height="80"></Element>

<Element ID="LevelMeter" X="0" Y="76" Width="1680" Height="30">
            <Element ID="LevelMeterFill" X="0" Y="0" Width="1680" Height="6">
                <Element ID="LevelMeter_BonusMeter" X="0" Y="0" Width="1680" Height="6"></Element>
            </Element>
            <Element ID="ToolbarButton_LevelUpXP_TutorialHighlight" X="0" Y="10" Width="1680" Height="10"></Element>
            <Element ID="ToolbarButton_Experience_TutorialHighlight" X="0" Y="10" Width="1680" Height="10"></Element>
            <Element ID="LevelMeterText" X="0" Y="0" Width="1680" Height="10"></Element>
        </Element>

<Element ID="AutoAttackIndicatorButton" X="1" Y="18" Width="64" Height="64"></Element>
        <Element ID="ViolentModeIndicator" X="1" Y="18" Width="64" Height="64"></Element>
        <Element ID="ToolbarButton_AutoAttack_TutorialHighlight" X="1" Y="18" Width="40" Height="30"></Element>
        <Element ID="GamePlay_FervorPipDisplay" X="-9" Y="-6" Width="90" Height="42"></Element>
        <Element ID="GamePlay_AimPipDisplay" X="-9" Y="-6" Width="90" Height="42"></Element>

<Element ID="ToolBarButton_MainMenu" X="105" Y="10" Width="30" Height="30"></Element>
        <Element ID="ToolbarButton_Crafting" X="135" Y="10" Width="30" Height="30"></Element>
        <Element ID="ToolbarButton_Social" X="165" Y="10" Width="30" Height="30"></Element>
        <Element ID="ToolbarButton_Accomplishment" X="105" Y="45" Width="30" Height="30"></Element>
        <Element ID="ToolBarButton_Quest" X="135" Y="45" Width="30" Height="30"></Element>
        <Element ID="ToolbarButton_Journal" X="165" Y="45" Width="30" Height="30"></Element>

<Element ID="ToolbarButton_Inventory" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1"></Element>
        <Element ID="ToolBarButton_Inventory2" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1"></Element>
        <Element ID="ToolBarButton_Inventory3" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1"></Element>
        <Element ID="ToolBarButton_Inventory4" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1"></Element>
        <Element ID="ToolBarButton_Inventory5" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1"></Element>

<Element ID="Toolbar_Quickslot" X="205" Y="40" Width="420" Height="35"></Element>
    </Element>
</PanelFile>
I think I might actually change it to remove the six system buttons since I don't use them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimon
well.. in theory, as the store button is far right of the mainbar, if you have modified your mainbar smaller than the stock version via skindef it should be left out entirely then. good point ...
Actually, I made my bar much wider than the stock version.

Last edited by D.H1cks : 09-02-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Unread 09-02-2010, 02:34 PM
The Undying

it's not there because we don't have the new skindef yet but the client will code it there when it's launched as it does with everything that isn't defined in a custom skindef file
Unread 09-02-2010, 02:38 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.H1cks
Nope, its just not there at all that I can see. And I really hope that Turbine does not do anything to change it, or resist allowing skins to remove it.

I understand they need to make money and such, but the way I have my UI laid out, having that button forced on me would make me very angry.

Actually, I made my bar much wider than the stock version.

So that's what is showing up in beta?
Unread 09-02-2010, 02:38 PM
The Undying

But it does not show up on the beta client. I am working on getting a screenshot up. There we go, from the beta client.....

Last edited by D.H1cks : 09-02-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Unread 09-02-2010, 05:35 PM
The Undying

Thanks i will try tomorrow to adjust the height and may be also to make it wider.

I cross fingers and will post after that the result.
Unread 09-02-2010, 06:02 PM
The Undying

Very, very interesting that it doesn't show up! I wonder what is making it disappear exactly.

Also, I've always liked the default toolbar...but I must say your super minimal has me wondering how my game would look laid out like that... would certainly look cleaner. May have to look into that more.

Do you have the skindef file that you use available somewhere just to play with? Thanks!
Unread 09-02-2010, 06:09 PM
The Undying

interesting .. there isn't anything in your code (now that I had time to check it out) that I see that could block it. interesting ..
Unread 09-02-2010, 09:22 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marll
Very, very interesting that it doesn't show up! I wonder what is making it disappear exactly.

Also, I've always liked the default toolbar...but I must say your super minimal has me wondering how my game would look laid out like that... would certainly look cleaner. May have to look into that more.

Do you have the skindef file that you use available somewhere just to play with? Thanks!
Give this a try, though to be honest it might require a little modification:
http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...rybuttons.html
Unread 09-03-2010, 09:36 AM
The Undying

ok i made a simple test, i replaced my code with your code and suppress every other change i have, included the modification concerning the shop button.

Then applied the correct bottom letter.

The result is that the i have a repeat of the maintoolbar on my screen. I mean its well concerning the xpbar but it is like the bottom letter tga is not enough large to cover all my screen.

I am on 1680X1050 ratio 16/10

---
Did you modify the .tga from the download source ?

Last edited by Eili : 09-03-2010 at 09:59 AM.