lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 09-13-2007, 12:05 AM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I'm glad you got it to work. I think this just goes to show, companies should just stick with the old ways of doing things if they work fine. Every game I've ever played simply stored the settings file inside the directory with the game executables... why Turbine needed to change this is beyond me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorin
Okay, you wont belive this.

Reven, I followed your instructions, both first and the drastic measures with no avail. However, after moving usepref.ini and starting then exiting the game, I went back to C:\Documents and Settings\Me\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\ and noticed that a new .ini was not created. So a light bulb went off, how can game run w/o one? So, I went to D:\The Lord of the Rings Online\ and found userpref.ini. Therefor I went I ahead and created a D:\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins\nui(bossy ed.) directory and VIOLA it worked.

Definatly not per instructions, but it works. Now the only thing I can figure out, and I am not sure, is that this installation (if I remember correctly) is the same installation I've used since Alpha 5 in all its incarnations since then. The folder in \me\My Documents must be for that "other" version of the game.

How this happens I dont know, but it is the way it is. So, hope this helps others in the future.
Unread 09-13-2007, 12:06 AM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Bizarre, but glad it's working for you now.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group