lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 03-29-2018, 05:41 PM
The Wary

A Few Questions...

Sort of a combination of suggestions and asking questions.

a) Is there, or could there be, a mod that makes everyone's armor visible to you instead of seeing their cosmetic outfits?

b) Is there a simple offhand equip method (i.e. not having to drag and drop)? Tried Unequipper and some other thing and was too stupid to figure them out.

c) Does there exist a UI mod to put the character panel, et al back kinda-sorta where they were in say, Moria? I hate all these stupid buttons and the icons.
Unread 03-29-2018, 05:57 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by jird
Sort of a combination of suggestions and asking questions.

a) Is there, or could there be, a mod that makes everyone's armor visible to you instead of seeing their cosmetic outfits?

b) Is there a simple offhand equip method (i.e. not having to drag and drop)? Tried Unequipper and some other thing and was too stupid to figure them out.

c) Does there exist a UI mod to put the character panel, et al back kinda-sorta where they were in say, Moria? I hate all these stupid buttons and the icons.
There is no way to control the display of other's cosmetic armor.

Equipping off hand (or even main hand) equipment can be a bit confusing, especially since Lua can not programmatically equip an item. Lua can unequip an item, but when it comes to equipping an item there's a few restrictions and rules. First, as already noted, we can't equip the item programmatically, what we have to do is present the user with a quickslot control with the item in it so the user can click the control to equip the item. However, which slot it goes into is not determined by the plugin, rather by the built-in rules that shields go in off hand slot swapping with whatever is there if anything. Two-hand weapons just fill both positions, swapping out anything in either position. One-hand weapons will try to fill the first empty slot, primary first, then secondary. If neither slot is empty then the primary gets swapped out. We have no control over these rules, so the only way to guarantee the correct configuration is to empty both slots and then fill both slots, filling the primary then the secondary. There are a couple of plugins that can accomplish this but the simplest for this is probably Thurallor's Sequence Bars:
http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...uenceBars.html
Sequence Bars can be configured to unequip both slots and equip two distinct items, with a sequence of four clicks which can be performed in fairly rapid succession as the quickslot will change with each click to present the next configured action.

The last question, c, is about skins so someone else will have to respond to that one.

Last edited by Garan : 03-29-2018 at 06:00 PM.
Unread 04-01-2018, 05:54 AM
The Undying

Hello,

concerning skins, you can have a look on this page, and scroll it down to see some screenshots that will give you an idea of what is included in this pack of user interface themes :

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info581
Adra/Adragor/Osred from Sirannon.
Derelos/Prurit/Karnaj from Evernight.

Last edited by Adra : 04-03-2018 at 02:01 AM.
Unread 04-09-2018, 07:54 PM
The Wary

Answer to (b)

jird

I was looking for something like you are asking about in question (b). You may like to look at Thurallor's SequenceBars.

Although it does a LOT more than what you need. The demo video shows an example of using SequenceBars to swap out ALL equipped items (the example is switching from Tanking to DPS and back again). Obviously you can customize any swaps like that for any equipment slot. The items replaced are put into set Inventory slots which are kept the same despite the odd way in which LOTRO inventory slots IDs get jumbled when the inventory is re-arranged so you don't end up losing track of your alternative equipment items.

I've only just loaded it so I can't give a personal testimonial but it certainly looks like it solves many of my problems.

Hope this helps.
Unread 07-06-2018, 01:43 AM
The Undying

Hey Fatefoot, I'm glad you are finding SequenceBars useful. If you are using the "Set Unequip Destination" feature, then you may want to unscramble your inventory slot IDs, using Inventory Bag ID Descrambler. Then to avoid scrambling them again in the future, don't use the Sort button at the top of the inventory bag. Instead, use SequenceBars' built in "/sb sort" command.
Unread 07-06-2018, 06:06 AM
The Wary

Thanks Thurallor. Actually that's what I was trying to describe in a few words in my post - not very well I agree! lol