lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > General Authoring Discussion (L)

Unread 05-29-2011, 09:10 PM
The Unscathed
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Any Idea what Happened to MoorMaps and HugeBag

Evening everyone,

I know its the author's choice whether to keep a plugin here, but as I check the plugin pages daily for updates, I noticed immediately that those 2, MoorMaps and HugeBags had gone awol. Does anyone have any idea what happened and/or why? I'm sure everyone found them as useful as I.

Jered Wolffe
Unread 05-29-2011, 10:22 PM
The Undying

things fall off the page when an update is being posted
Unread 05-30-2011, 09:00 AM
The Undying

Best way to keep track on your favorite plugins/skins is to add them to your favorites on this site
Unread 05-30-2011, 11:04 AM
The Undying

Yep, whenever we post a new version, the plugin disappears from the general lists until the file passes LoTRO Interface's virus/malware tests.

If you add the plugin to your Favorites, you will be able to see that it has an "Update Pending" status. If you click on a favorite with the Update Pending status, you will get the plugins page and be able to read any description changes as well as download old versions but you can't get the new version until it is approved.

Additionally, the number of people with a plugin in their Favorites is another fairly good gauge of how popular the plugin really is. Many people forget to rate a plugin, but if they have it on their Favorites list it means they liked it enough to look for updates.
Unread 05-30-2011, 12:49 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garan
Additionally, the number of people with a plugin in their Favorites is another fairly good gauge of how popular the plugin really is. Many people forget to rate a plugin, but if they have it on their Favorites list it means they liked it enough to look for updates.
I wonder how many other authors, having read this, ran to check how their plugins measured up and felt a deep seated sinking feeling...?
Unread 05-30-2011, 01:20 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJackdaw
I wonder how many other authors, having read this, ran to check how their plugins measured up and felt a deep seated sinking feeling...?
Hmmm. Well, hopefully none. I like to think they all rushed to check, saw at least one and felt elation that at least one person thought their work was worth following And if they saw 0, they slyly looked left, then right, then clicked the "Add to Favorites" button for themselves
Unread 05-30-2011, 03:35 PM
The Undying

*laughs* Yes, there is at least one for each of mine! Nice way to make the glass half-full!
Unread 06-24-2011, 12:47 AM
The Undefeated

oops realised I hadn't been adding to favorites or rating, so check again guys, your count has gone up by at least 1 now