lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 07-17-2020, 03:49 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The only way it will benefit my plugins (currently only Reminders cares about the server name) is that I'll be able to add a "Detect" button next to the pulldown menu for server name.

Also, currently on Bullroarer the French and German clients have the same old output for the /emp and /pos commands (respectively). Unless that changes, the plugin won't be able to support the feature on those clients.
Unread 07-20-2020, 07:07 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drono
Not sure how Customer Support is related to plugin development, but i guess it is useful for them
It is related because the /loc command was made available way before plugins existed. And it had the purpose of being able to share your character's location with CS and with other players.

We just happen to use it in plugins as well to get the same info in the most straightforward manner available.
Unread 07-20-2020, 04:42 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyoss
It is related because the /loc command was made available way before plugins existed. And it had the purpose of being able to share your character's location with CS and with other players.

We just happen to use it in plugins as well to get the same info in the most straightforward manner available.
I guess my original comment was poorly worded as i assumed it is clear from how it was worded and the context of the discussion - which was about detecting the server from plugin. It was asked for, and they added the servername to the /loc command. So :
Quote:
In all honesty, i do not see how is this change beneficial - as it still requires user input to trigger the /loc command.
You will either bother user every time you need to know the server to click a button, or just save it into .plugindata - what you can already do now.

Sorry for my second sarcastic comment, I understand how Customer Support is related to /loc command, but that seemed a little bit out of topic here.
Unread 07-21-2020, 11:33 AM
The Undefeated

I created a plugin data file:

Code:
"D:\Users\Me\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\PluginData\MyName\Arkenstone\AllCharacters\ServerInfo.plugindata"
Which contains:

Code:
return 
{
	["Name"] = "Arkenstone"
}
I have similar files for all servers that I uses. I can read this file in Lua to find out my server name.
Unread 07-21-2020, 01:05 PM
The Undying

Im doing the same except mine is called ServerName.plugindata and its just
Code:
return "Evernight"
Unread 08-04-2020, 01:22 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurallor
The only way it will benefit my plugins (currently only Reminders cares about the server name) is that I'll be able to add a "Detect" button next to the pulldown menu for server name.

Also, currently on Bullroarer the French and German clients have the same old output for the /emp and /pos commands (respectively). Unless that changes, the plugin won't be able to support the feature on those clients.
They didn't bother to implement this in the French and German clients, so I'm not going to bother to utilize it in my plugins.
Unread 08-04-2020, 05:39 PM
The Undefeated

Server Name

Looks like changes made again to /loc.... Moorsmap… TerrainMap… RTPlugins..Waypoint... probably just a few, but Alias/Loc not working to show where you.re at.... I played around a bit and found that you need added info in phrase "you are on <Crickhollow> server <server number> at " ……………………………………..
The new info is (ServerName or World) and( ServerNumber). I can manually get plugins Terrainmap, RTplugins and Waypoint to work by adding info....
.. Terrainmap works without needing the ServerNumber, but you still have to add the ServerName/World info.
..I was able to have Waypoint work by reverting back to Hyoss's old patchU26.2.2(not deprecated anymore).

Nudge me if this the wrong location to continue previous posts. I will add comments to each plugin above but wondering if above plugin data file would help.

Last edited by DLevel : 08-05-2020 at 12:55 AM. Reason: typo Hoss should be Hyoss
Unread 08-07-2020, 04:01 PM
The Undying

Unfortunately, I have no power or internet atm so updates to MoorMap and TerrainMap will be delayed. Terrain updates to TerrainMap may take longer.
Unread 09-23-2020, 06:03 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurallor
They didn't bother to implement this in the French and German clients, so I'm not going to bother to utilize it in my plugins.
Good news. Apparently in some recent update (not mentioned in the release notes) they've added support in French and German:

Quote:
Originally Posted by /pos
Ihr seid auf dem Server "[DE-RP] Belegaer" (45) in r1 lx979 ly993 i8 ox77.86 oy33.89 oz405.06 h135.0. Spiel-Zeitstempel 419643325.702.
Quote:
Originally Posted by /emp
Vous vous trouvez sur [FR] Sirannon, serveur 22, à r4 lx907 ly1468 ox75.66 oy91.39 oz419.97 h29.5. Horodatage du jeu 419777374.617.