lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 11-21-2008, 10:08 PM
The Wary

Making slight changes to DarkUI?

With the release of Mines of Moria, most if not all have probably noticed the addition of two buttons, one for the new Traits display window and one for the Legendary Items window. I've been using the DarkUI for as long as its been around and have found nothing else that I would rather use. The problem I have with it, now that MoM is live, are those two new buttons. They are now out of place in relation to the location of the rest of the menu buttons. While the original buttons are in their respective positions based on the UI authors design; the Bag buttons are stacked in a column on the bottom right and the various menu buttons are stacked on the bottom left of the screen. the two new buttons are in thier default positions, based on the LotRO Developers original Quickslot/Button Bar design.

I have read in other posts that the original author of this UI has not responded to other requests so I am assuming that he is either no longer playing or has no interest in following up on his work.

My request is simple enough; I would like to know if any experienced authors would either be willing to make the necessary changes to the UI to move the two new buttons in question to the left column of menu buttons OR to provide the necessary instructions for doing so myself.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, thank you.
Unread 11-22-2008, 06:40 AM
The Wary

Me and my husband also use this UI, it would be a shame if there are no updates for it
Unread 11-22-2008, 02:22 PM
The Wary

dark

aye would be nice also in 1280x960 resoultion :P
Unread 11-27-2008, 01:53 PM
The Wary

Ok, no apparent interest in my first request aside from the two fellow DarkUI users who posted their desire to keep this UI updated. ...

Let me try a different tac ...

I would be more than willing to try my hand at fixing this UI or making a new one based on the layout of Dark. Unfortunately, I do not know enough about xml coding to do more than break it.

I would really like to know where I can find some fairly comprehensive guidance in how to do the kind of UI modding that makes up the large selection of mods available for LotRO. Anyone want to offer their advice or links to sites that have the kind of information that would be useful to me?
Unread 11-27-2008, 04:38 PM
The Undying

if this is the ui you mean http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...53-DarkUI.html
Then try this. Im a relative xml noob myself but i did add the 2 new buttons. had to adjust the height of the toolbar field to make room. The default was for resolution 1680 x 1050 so you may have to readjust if you use another resolution.
Just drop the new Skindefinition.xml in you Ui folder and replace the old one.

Please let me know if it works alright
Attached Files
File Type: xml SkinDefinition.xml (22.8 KB, 919 views)

Last edited by Brode : 11-27-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Unread 11-28-2008, 10:04 AM
The Wary

That put the buttons in the right place, but it also moved my main panel up from the bottom of the screen the same distance in space that the two new buttons occupy. I also notice that the UI author has special reduced size artwork for the existing buttons; this cuses the two new buttons to look a bit out of place. Your alterations has given me a place to start in doing a little dabbling of my own. I'll see if I can't borrow some art elements from other UIs and play around to build something I can be satisfied with. I'm a bit anal when it comes to having my UI set up just so. Thank you very much for your efforts Brode. You've given me a definite direction to go, where I had none before.
Unread 11-28-2008, 12:07 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcblalock
That put the buttons in the right place, but it also moved my main panel up from the bottom of the screen the same distance in space that the two new buttons occupy. I also notice that the UI author has special reduced size artwork for the existing buttons; this cuses the two new buttons to look a bit out of place. Your alterations has given me a place to start in doing a little dabbling of my own. I'll see if I can't borrow some art elements from other UIs and play around to build something I can be satisfied with. I'm a bit anal when it comes to having my UI set up just so. Thank you very much for your efforts Brode. You've given me a definite direction to go, where I had none before.
no problem. another alternative that would be easy to do if you use keyboard shortcuts to open those windows then you could resize those buttons to
width=1 height=1 basically making them invisible. Anyways, good luck.

Last edited by Brode : 11-28-2008 at 12:12 PM.
Unread 12-12-2008, 01:56 PM
The Wary

I use dark too, and have made a lot of modifications to it to suit my style, including making new buttons for the Item Advancement and Traits panels. Here's a version of the original interface but with those new button graphics added. I hope it suits your needs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip darkmod.zip (9.9 KB, 706 views)