lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Unread 02-05-2019, 07:17 PM
The Wary

View all characters while crafting

What is the best Add-On for viewing your other characters' equipment while crafting?
Unread 02-05-2019, 08:05 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Alt Inventory
Unread 02-05-2019, 08:37 PM
The Undying

Actually, AltInventory doesn't show Equipped Items, just Bags, Vault, and Shared Storage (all of which can be handy when crafting) but to see the actual Equipped Items of Alts you also need something like AltViewer.

I believe TitanBar may also support viewing Equipped Items but I'm not sure

Last edited by Garan : 02-05-2019 at 08:41 PM.
Unread 02-07-2019, 11:45 AM
The Wary

TY

"Alt Viewer" comes close to what I am looking for, but unless you have the same type of equipment in you Inventory (not Equipped) you cannot see what you have equipped. To see what you have equipped you have to hover your cursor over the item in your unequipped inventory which will show that item and the items you have equipped. Got to be another Add-On that will work without have to carry one extra item in you inventory for each equipment slot.

However, in doing all this research I am learning a lot about this handy APP. TY for your help!!!
Unread 02-07-2019, 03:11 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckerinna
"Alt Viewer" comes close to what I am looking for, but unless you have the same type of equipment in you Inventory (not Equipped) you cannot see what you have equipped. To see what you have equipped you have to hover your cursor over the item in your unequipped inventory which will show that item and the items you have equipped. Got to be another Add-On that will work without have to carry one extra item in you inventory for each equipment slot.

However, in doing all this research I am learning a lot about this handy APP. TY for your help!!!
The inability to generate a tooltip/popup for the item is a limitation of the Lua API. The tooltip only works for quickslots or item controls that have an item generated by an item ID. Unfortunately, the item object returned from Lua for equipped items doesn't support getting the item ID so there is no way to recreate the actual item, just the image and name. Even with a database of items, there are many items that share the same name so there'd be no way to uniquely identify the item from the name. Item IDs are something we asked Turbine for many years ago and have asked many times since. Sorry It's the same limitation that prevents showing popups for items from other characters in AltInventory, just image, name and quantity (and category, quality and item wear state but those are of no real help here).

Last edited by Garan : 02-07-2019 at 03:16 PM.
Unread 09-26-2022, 10:39 AM
The Wary

Altholic plugin allows you to see what each character has equipped. The tooltips telling the stats of each item does not show up. Some descriptions quality and durability do show up though. You can use plugin compendium or item treasury to check the stats however by typing the name of the items.

For checking who has each recipe use "recipe tracker" which is amazing since you only need to drag the recipe to know who has that recipe (if they have it) as well as been able to see the T (crafting) panel for all characters even those obviously not logged.

Last edited by Orsi : 09-26-2022 at 10:44 AM.
Unread 09-27-2022, 05:53 AM
The Indomitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orsi
Altholic plugin allows you to see what each character has equipped. The tooltips telling the stats of each item does not show up. Some descriptions quality and durability do show up though. You can use plugin compendium or item treasury to check the stats however by typing the name of the items.

For checking who has each recipe use "recipe tracker" which is amazing since you only need to drag the recipe to know who has that recipe (if they have it) as well as been able to see the T (crafting) panel for all characters even those obviously not logged.
Hello,

Like said Orsi, you can use

AltHolic

to see what your ohter characters are wearing...
Like said Garan due to the API limitation you can not show pop up windows with all informations, but i made up something to make you enter manually some informations to be able to see it from you other characters...

If you have recipe tracker v2 installed, you can use the icon on the right of my addon to lunch recipe tracker if needed

Do not hesitate to ask me any things you would like to know about my addon

Play well

Homeo

Last edited by homeopatix : 09-27-2022 at 07:36 AM.