lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 09-28-2011, 05:11 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahalikii
I just want to confirm that I was indeed crashing regularly with both Palantir and Buffbars running. I am now running smoothly with Kragenbars (and Lotropad).
Palantir will only cause the client to CTD if you have curable support enabled, and attempt to use an inventory item from a curable slot. So, for instance - using a poison pot will cause a CTD, while using the Cure Poison skill will not.

Due to this, I recommend that anybody who wishes to use Palantir, remove all inventory items from the curable slots until Turbine releases a patch to fix this bug. Doing this, or even changing the display mode to "Indicators Only" should remove any chance of Palantir causing a CTD situation.

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros
Unread 09-28-2011, 09:40 AM
The Undying

I am using actually Bevy2 plugins, and i use my pots and traps items from inventory with it without any crash so far.

I confirm that using Bevy2 and accessing pots that are in my inventory through Bevy2 does not crash to client.

For all my characters i have my pots, food, some weapons, traps, outfit on bar made by Bevy2 and using those does not crash me

Last edited by Eili : 09-28-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Unread 09-28-2011, 07:24 PM
The Wary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eili
I am using actually Bevy2 plugins, and i use my pots and traps items from inventory with it without any crash so far.

I confirm that using Bevy2 and accessing pots that are in my inventory through Bevy2 does not crash to client.

For all my characters i have my pots, food, some weapons, traps, outfit on bar made by Bevy2 and using those does not crash me
I can confirm the potion access through the Bevy2 bars also. So far I've had no issues...

On the other hand, I'm getting random crashes to desktop. In battle, harvesting, riding, repairing, selling, standing around... it doesn't seem to matter what it is I'm doing, but it seems to happen roughly every 20 minutes or so. My wife's client on the other hand, with no plugins ( Exact plugins I use. ) loaded didn't seem to have the same issues ( Same computer, down to the graphics card, drivers, OS, et cetera. ).

Outside of those issues, I've also had some of my ballads disappear from my bars after crashes to desktop.

Plugins
  • Align
  • BevyOBars2
  • Bootstrap
  • BusyBee
  • Compendium
  • MoorMap
Unread 09-28-2011, 08:07 PM
The Undying

Turbine has confirmed -- it's broken

Posted as part of "Known Issues" ...

"Known Issues for Rise of Isengard - Updated: 9-28-11"

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...pdated-9-28-11

Plugins that call the inventory will cause the LOTRO client to crash. Disabling these plugins will let the client run normally.
Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (118)
Valanne - Beorning (105)
Valhad - Elf LM (65)
Valkeeper - Elf RK (85)
Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (68)
Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
All about the fun!"

Unread 09-29-2011, 05:10 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by magill
Posted as part of "Known Issues" ...

"Known Issues for Rise of Isengard - Updated: 9-28-11"

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...pdated-9-28-11

Plugins that call the inventory will cause the LOTRO client to crash. Disabling these plugins will let the client run normally.
May be Bevy2 is programmed differently, because whatever i do with my pots, i never crashed (cure heal power, food, traps, and whatever)
Unread 09-29-2011, 12:47 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eili
May be Bevy2 is programmed differently, because whatever i do with my pots, i never crashed (cure heal power, food, traps, and whatever)
Previous version of Bevy did not actually 'call' the backpack although you could put items from your inventory on the bars. I assume that Bevy2 is the same. However, the plugins that were exhibitting the problem (like BuffBars) had a function in them that called the backpack (Getplayer.Getbackpack()); the "Known Issues" is saying that the problem is with this call specifically. So if the plugin doesn't use this call it should be safe.