lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 06-13-2022, 08:31 PM
The Wary

Looking for a way to Inspect my Alts.

Heyo all!

I've been hunting for this within the game and the Plugins in the Compendium. What I want to be able to do is simply "Inspect" my own Alts. Just as if clicking on a player, choosing 'Inspect' to see everything they have equipped. Unless they have turned it off, of course.

Why? Well, I know that my alts may need upgrades in armor, weapons, or bling. I'm on a crafter and would like to find out who requires what. So far, all I can do is keep a Spread Sheet, changing it all the time. Or maybe a big old ledger book and a quill pen! Some things in LOTRO are close to real work, doing either of those is too close!

There are a number of good plugins that show me what is in everyone's bags and vaults, but not what's on their pixelly person. It seems so simple to me, because I know nothing about programming. But I am at a loss to find anything like it. Is there something that I'm missing? Or would someone create a plugin to do that? Please?

Thanks for reading ~ Sam
Unread 06-14-2022, 01:13 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

This has been requested a couple times, however there are some challenges for plugins to do so. Like i think you can identify the equiped item only by name while there are lot of items with same name in the game.

There is an external application - Lotro Companion that can do it, however you need to import data (by clicking a button). If you are not using it, i would give it a try, it has a lot of functionality you might want but did not know you wanted it
Unread 06-14-2022, 08:12 PM
The Wary

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamGoofus
Sam
https://sourceforge.net/projects/lot...atest/download
Settings… button under Misc
change the LOTRO client path
Then press the Import from LOTRO… button under Misc
start game
press start
Unread 06-22-2022, 03:10 PM
The Wary

Well, I'll be vanquished!

Thank you Drono and womy, I believe that is just what I'm looking for.
I had actually run across it some time ago, one, maybe two computers ago. Did set it up, marvelled at it, went off to order groceries on Amazon
and forgot all about it… That's usually how I operate!

Yes, I'll set up Companion and see what I can find.
Interesting to see LOTRO software on Sourceforge.
I never thought to look there!

Thanks again ~ Sam
Unread 06-25-2022, 03:22 PM
The Indomitable

There is an add-on which might offer the functions you want and it does not require any exporting/importing of data to a third-party application or a spreadsheet.

Altholic by Homeopatix
https://www.lotrointerface.com/downl...fo.php?id=1126

I used it only briefly but it seems to work well. It isn't like looking at your own logged-in character or inspecting another player's character with the game's own UI but the data is all there. You have to log in a character and open all of the associated windows, such as Shared Storage and Vault and the Reputation panel, in order for the data to be loaded into the add-on for viewing while you're logged in to some other character.
Unread 06-27-2022, 02:39 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMHammer
There is an add-on which might offer the functions you want and it does not require any exporting/importing of data to a third-party application or a spreadsheet.

Altholic by Homeopatix
https://www.lotrointerface.com/downl...fo.php?id=1126

I used it only briefly but it seems to work well. It isn't like looking at your own logged-in character or inspecting another player's character with the game's own UI but the data is all there. You have to log in a character and open all of the associated windows, such as Shared Storage and Vault and the Reputation panel, in order for the data to be loaded into the add-on for viewing while you're logged in to some other character.
Unfortunately, this can only offer the same limited functionality as any other plugin, where equipped items can only be saved by name and without their stats.
Unread 07-17-2022, 10:24 AM
The Wary

A possible fake fix...

Thanks, all!
It just occurred to me that using the characters level and the name of the object, I could get close.

As it is, when crafting armor, bling, and weapons, there are limitations as well, so it's often hit & miss. Sometimes I'll make a lower level or higher level pea shooter, just to avoid finding the special ingredients and recipes.

I am using LOTRO Companion, or learning is a better term! I have questions about that too, but not here!

Thanks for the help ~ Sam
Unread 07-25-2022, 10:00 AM
The Indomitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamGoofus
Thanks, all!
It just occurred to me that using the characters level and the name of the object, I could get close.

As it is, when crafting armor, bling, and weapons, there are limitations as well, so it's often hit & miss. Sometimes I'll make a lower level or higher level pea shooter, just to avoid finding the special ingredients and recipes.

I am using LOTRO Companion, or learning is a better term! I have questions about that too, but not here!

Thanks for the help ~ Sam
Hello Sam,

I included some data like armor value, level (base stats) and dps for weapons, but you have to enter them by hand because they are not covered by LUA, but present in myaddon if you take the time to enter them when modifying equipment

Have a try of my addon, but if you have a lot of characters this my take a little bit time at the first connection to enter all the datas, but that will help any way..

I did this for exactelly the same thing, i was sik of creating lower level armor for my alt

Homeo