lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 12-03-2010, 12:04 PM
The Undefeated

Request: Original (or tall) Crafting Window

Hi all. I've been looking into figure out how to do this myself but it is very daunting. Admittedly I might just not be cut from the right cloth for it.

I loathe the new space-wasting crafting window. Turbine could have gone with wide or tall, and instead they chose the most screen real estate wasteful method possible -- a huge block.

I've tried Tallcraft, but it has many problems with the UI update. I'd really just be willing to settle for the previous/original crafting window. Nice and small, so I can have my bags open, vendor UI open, crafting open, and still see my character and move around.

I figure there must be "default" files from Turbine laying around, but I haven't found them neither to use or as a starting point. So I ask if anyone else wants a small crafting window, and/or if anyone author is up to making one. :-/
Unread 12-03-2010, 03:43 PM
The Indomitable
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I can look into it. Shouldn't be too difficult, but it might take some time.

What are you exactly looking for? A "sidebar-sized" panel, very high but rather thin, with the recipes list in the upper part an the detail pages in the lower part? Can you give me the dimension you'd prefer?
Unread 12-03-2010, 04:14 PM
The Undefeated

The one that looks like a best fit for me so far is Tallcraft: http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...TallCraft.html

The author even says it's a simple enhancement instead of a full new UI. What you describe sounds perfect -- it only needs to be thin enough not to block a clear view of the player (for the purpose of moving around without having to close the window) and it could take up most of the vertical space (hopefully not all, but most is fine). The "improvements" Turbine made don't really appeal to me, and I'd really just rather have it back the way it was, and taller if possible (so more of the recipe list is visible).

See the pic at the Tallcraft link for a very good idea of it. I play windowed, so I guess it's custom a bit smaller than 1280 by 1024.

If you do decide to look into this, I thank you greatly sir!
Unread 12-03-2010, 04:52 PM
The Undying

I could get to work on something tomorrow tell me if you like this photoshop mockup.

Edit: I was able to get to it today. If you need it shorter I could cut the list a bit shorter or when the new skin deff is out I could compress the recipe.
http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info485
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tall Craft Beta.jpg
Views:	679
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	203  

Last edited by The Old One : 12-03-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Unread 12-03-2010, 10:08 PM
The Undefeated

Yep that pic is a lot like what I'm hoping for (was hoping to do before I realized it's a bit out of my league). That's got the improvement over the tallcraft in that it shows mastery on the same page; not essential, but very nice. Any vertical compression is of course welcome, letting the list be longer.

Well I hope a lot of people besides me enjoy it too! I'm actually quite surprised there haven't been a slew of requests, since the new window is so big (blocking a lot of the screen), but maybe everyone's just playing with widescreen (except me!).

Okay I've got to check this out! Thanks for all the interest/effort thus far.

Last edited by alyssandra : 12-03-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Unread 12-03-2010, 10:26 PM
The Undefeated

I just tried this out... and wow! This is just awesome! Thanks so much for the speedy and skilled efforts on this. Massive good karma on you guys for being so helpful. You've made this crafter's day.
Unread 12-04-2010, 05:10 AM
The Undying

TheOldOne... I am beginning to sound like a real fan-boy but...

You Rock!
Unread 02-09-2012, 09:48 PM
The Undefeated

not working anymore?

Is this not working anymore? I loaded it up but it doesn't look any different from the original.
Unread 02-10-2012, 02:02 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenil
Is this not working anymore? I loaded it up but it doesn't look any different from the original.
Have you restarted the LOTRO client after you installed the modification?
Unread 02-10-2012, 06:49 PM
The Undefeated

Oh gosh, I'm an idiot.. sorry about that.