lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 10-15-2009, 12:18 PM
The Undefeated

I just returned to the game and I am getting the same issue. This is a brand new install. I turned on Admin since I am on Win 7 and still is happening. I am able to get into the game after a couple of tries.

Faldiin
Unread 10-15-2009, 06:23 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

weird. I don't think none of us can help much here. Maybe Frosty would have some ideas ?
Unread 10-19-2009, 09:45 AM
The Undefeated

After working on the issue more I have discovered the issue. When LOTRO launches after you sign in, Windows turns off Aero. If you are doing anything at that time like web browser or IM then you have a 75% chance of crashing. You will see the game switch and then crashes with no error and Aero turns back on.

Now if I don't do anything then 1 out 10 times it will crash anyways. I dont know why LOTRO turns off the Aero. I am not running in Window mode. I am guessing there is an issue on the programming. I did not have this issue back in June when I first started playing.

I am not sure if there is anything we can do about it. But in 2 weeks people will start flooding the market with Win 7. I can see the complaints starting if this is not addressed. I will post this in LOTRO forms also. Now will all that said I am on RC so maybe RTM is not having the issue.

Faldiin