Quantcast
uncomplete brawler mettle bar skinning code - Page 3 - LoTROInterface
lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads


Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Unread 05-27-2022, 02:44 AM
liftedplane's Avatar
liftedplane liftedplane is offline
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 70
I know this is a bit of an older post but I've just started adding the mettle bar into my skin and I'm wondering if you've figured out the mettle full display?

Is it possible they are using a sprite sheet that's animated by the engine since you can't have an animated TGA. What's more likely is it's some compilation of TGA files making the animation.

What I can't figure out how to do is either view the dat files, or which one to look into for this info.

Has anyone ever been able to unpack the various pak files? I can view a bit of info in a hex editor but I can't seem to figure out how to uncompress them.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 05-28-2022, 07:09 AM
Adra's Avatar
Adra Adra is offline
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: France
Posts: 147
My feeling about this point is they started to do it as usual with regular TGA picture files and finally changed the last picture without documenting it.

I have no new information about how to replace it with a custom picture.
__________________
JRR skins collection download page
JRR Azure Glass download page
Extended and enhanced panels
Adra/Adragor/Osred from Sirannon.
Derelos/Prurit/Karnaj from Evernight.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 05-28-2022, 12:09 PM
lunarwtr's Avatar
lunarwtr lunarwtr is offline
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 117
is the pip an animation (if so can someone post a pic)? Do we know what the asset name is for it? I can try looking for it.

nvm.. I see the 9th one is an animation. Does mapping tag support gif or apng?
__________________
Author of Lotro Compendium, Waypoint, and Lotro Plugin Compendium (LPC)

Last edited by lunarwtr : 05-28-2022 at 04:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 05-28-2022, 05:59 PM
dt192 dt192 is offline
The Unscathed
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 18
It does seem to be as luna said, that the final 9th state is actually its own set of images which animate the pip pulsing, rather than being a single image.

Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 05-29-2022, 10:35 AM
lunarwtr's Avatar
lunarwtr lunarwtr is offline
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftedplane
I know this is a bit of an older post but I've just started adding the mettle bar into my skin and I'm wondering if you've figured out the mettle full display?

Is it possible they are using a sprite sheet that's animated by the engine since you can't have an animated TGA. What's more likely is it's some compilation of TGA files making the animation.

What I can't figure out how to do is either view the dat files, or which one to look into for this info.

Has anyone ever been able to unpack the various pak files? I can view a bit of info in a hex editor but I can't seem to figure out how to uncompress them.
It is an array of TGAs along with a duration and whether it loops or not. I'm leaning on the side that skins just aren't capable of handling the animation elements. Has someone tried mapping just a single TGA to the 9th pip?

It is named "mettle_9_Pips_9pips"


Another thought is perhaps we're suppose to leave the sequenced TGAs in skinning folder like... mettle_9_Pips_9pips0001.tga mettle_9_Pips_9pips0002.tga etc.. and then specify the non-indexed version in map.
__________________
Author of Lotro Compendium, Waypoint, and Lotro Plugin Compendium (LPC)

Last edited by lunarwtr : 05-29-2022 at 10:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Unread 05-30-2022, 12:07 AM
liftedplane's Avatar
liftedplane liftedplane is offline
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarwtr
It is an array of TGAs along with a duration and whether it loops or not. I'm leaning on the side that skins just aren't capable of handling the animation elements. Has someone tried mapping just a single TGA to the 9th pip?

It is named "mettle_9_Pips_9pips"


Another thought is perhaps we're suppose to leave the sequenced TGAs in skinning folder like... mettle_9_Pips_9pips0001.tga mettle_9_Pips_9pips0002.tga etc.. and then specify the non-indexed version in map.
How do I view the info in the .dat files or unpack the pak files? Has anyone been able to figure this out yet?

I'm guessing there's nobody in SSG who cares enough to update the info for us, nobody we can reach out to?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 05-30-2022, 02:17 AM
dt192 dt192 is offline
The Unscathed
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftedplane
How do I view the info in the .dat files or unpack the pak files? Has anyone been able to figure this out yet?

I'm guessing there's nobody in SSG who cares enough to update the info for us, nobody we can reach out to?
Yes, it does seems that way.

Luna did recently release an unofficial U32_UISkinArtPack, along with new skin dictionary, asset ids etc. although I'm failing to find the link for the artpack right now, however they should be releasing an updated version with extra definitions and assets in the very near future, so keep checking back here.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 05-30-2022, 09:35 AM
lunarwtr's Avatar
lunarwtr lunarwtr is offline
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftedplane
How do I view the info in the .dat files or unpack the pak files? Has anyone been able to figure this out yet?

I'm guessing there's nobody in SSG who cares enough to update the info for us, nobody we can reach out to?
There are several projects working with pulling data from .dat
__________________
Author of Lotro Compendium, Waypoint, and Lotro Plugin Compendium (LPC)
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 05-31-2022, 08:36 PM
liftedplane's Avatar
liftedplane liftedplane is offline
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 70
thanks
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for someone to code plugin darkox Interface Requests (L) 0 07-27-2019 10:17 PM
Re-skinning progress bar fill color, and store buttons AdalricLotro Interface Help (L) 2 04-12-2013 08:35 PM
help on color code please Eili Script & Skin Managers 2 02-08-2011 12:47 PM
Probelm with code wackafoo XML modification help (L) 0 05-27-2010 01:35 AM
Bottom Left UI Code Cleitanious XML modification help (L) 8 04-30-2008 05:47 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 AM.


Our Network
EQInterface | EQ2Interface | Minion | WoWInterface | ESOUI | LoTROInterface | MMOUI | Swtorui