lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Interface Downloads Discussion > Beta Interfaces (L)

Unread 04-19-2007, 02:58 PM
The Indomitable
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Nui (Bossy Edition)

There's a member by the name of dev/null who created a bottom bar skin called Nui. This can be found here:
http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info18-nui.html

I liked the way it looked, I'm very much into simple UIs. While I appreciate the work put behind many of these elaborate UIs (and i do think they are amazing work) I'm just too much of a neat-freak and like stuff to be simple.

I took dev/null's work and ran with it. Here's what I have so far.

Download here

I have tried to contact dev/null via these boards and got no reply (is that even a real name...dev/null?). So out of respect for him, I'm not going to "release" this, but I wanted to share it with some of you and get some ideas.

So far I have made the borders for the windows, added a second row of buttons on the bottom bar (option to go back to single row is there too) and i also made the Xs to close out windows be invisible until you mouse over them. I felt like the Xs were blocking the pretty curly work i did for the windows...lol.

I also too out the 32x32 bag icons off the bags themselves.

Like I said before, I'm going for a very simple layout...but I want it to also look somewhat default, which is why i'm not messing w/ too much of the default stuff.

Here are a couple screen caps I took yesterday...sorry they're so big...I run 1680x1050 resolution...and I was too lazy to size them down.
http://www.the-mutiny.org/Buroku/bossyUI1.jpg
http://www.the-mutiny.org/Buroku/bossyUI2.jpg

Please let me know what you think, what you like, what you don't like....and if anyone knows dev/null...or if you are reading this yourself dev/null...please let me know your thoughts...and if you want me to stop messing with your UI then tell me and I'll edit it for me and me only and never upload it to the net again. =P

Last edited by Cairenn : 04-30-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Unread 04-29-2007, 01:32 PM
The Indomitable

I have updated the skin a bit. Made the backgrounds a bit transparent instead of solid, and I updated the tooltip sides and such. you can use the same link as above...or use this one.

Download here

And I still haven't gotten word back from Dev/Null...I've given him all the proper credit in the documentation, so I might upload this as an official full skin.

Just wanted some feedback first...if anyone is even looking at this. :P

and for those worried about going off this site to DL the zip...i've attached it here as well.

Last edited by Cairenn : 04-30-2007 at 02:54 PM.
Unread 04-30-2007, 06:09 AM
The Wary

Unfortuantely didn't have time to reply before now, but as I wrote in the PM, you (of course) have my persmission to use what I've already made.
Unread 04-30-2007, 01:00 PM
The Indomitable

dev/null...you're my hero. thanks bud!