lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 10-13-2011, 01:05 PM
The Wary

Compass

I hope im in the correct area for this thread i apologize if im not, I was wondering if there is a rotating compass mod out there or if not is it possible to make or planned to make one. I come from a RS backround and shifted to lotro about 6 months ago. the stationary compass still annoys the heck out of me.

any help advise or information will be very much appreciated
Unread 10-13-2011, 01:31 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I donnot think Turbine will make a rotating minimap, as something like that would require Turbine to implement that feature. I'm afraid you'll have to get used to it when playing LOTRO
Unread 10-13-2011, 06:45 PM
The Wary

ok thank u was worth a try
Unread 10-16-2011, 07:08 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
until such a time that Turbine makes player location/heading availabe to the plugin API, this won't be possible.

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros
Unread 05-09-2013, 04:15 PM
The Wary

I know this is an old thread, but folks searching on the subject might end up here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Utopia
until such a time that Turbine makes player location/heading availabe to the plugin API, this won't be possible.
I'm pretty sure that I have seen mention of at least one plugin that can resize the minimap, so I assume that it can be manipulated as a discrete graphic object. If that is true, then it seems to me that one (but not I) might be able to make a plug-in that allows a user to rotate it manually.

Even if that means that the location text would have to spin along with it (and end up sideways or upside-down), users who have a hard time converting between POV and a north-oriented map might still find such a plugin useful.

It could be adjusted either through key presses (similar to using 4 and 6 on the keypad to pivot POV), a combination of meta-keys and the left/right arrows, or meta-keys with mouse gestures.

Alternatively, there could be a handle on the minimap that allows one to rotate it by dragging with the mouse. In any case, there should be a Reset option to return it to default orientation.

I don't know whether any image processing is possible with plugins, but if one can be made to scan a graphic element, then it might be possible for it to distinguish the red arrow in the center of the minimap and continually rotate the minimap so that the arrow always points up. If so, that should operate as a toggle command.