lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 09-12-2010, 10:09 AM
The Wary

Installing partial UIs?

I've been searching, and I've seen a few threads, but I can't seem to find anything that is like a step by step guide on how to install some of these partial ui features, like the supercraft crafting panel, etc.

I don't have any UI installed at the moment, so I have two questsions

If I just wanted to add some of the partial UIs to the standard version, how would I do that.

And second, If I do install one of the full UIs, how do I installed the partial ones into that?
Unread 09-12-2010, 10:53 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The MyUi package by TheOldOne from some work by myself lets you pick and choose from some common elements, so you may want to look at that. Otherwise you need some knowledge of how skins work.
Unread 09-12-2010, 11:04 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I agree. Guides aren't very detailed about things like these.

You need to have some basic information how skinning in Lotro works. I guides here should cower that part.

Skindefinition.xml is the file that controls the skin.

In short you should know the basic structure of the skindef file:

It should contain <opt> and </opt> tags. these start and end the skin file. everything goes between these two tags.

It should contain SkinName tag. This will present the name that will show up at the in-game menu so you can choose the skin from the list.

Code:
<opt>
<skinname name="my skin"></skinname>

... the modifications (<mapping>, <element>, <panelfile> etc tags) ...
</opt>
You can combine different parts in that middle section. Only difficulty is to figure out what to use. Note that if you use incorrect functions the skin might not load at all (even one incorrect character might break the skin).

Remember if you have dublicate tags in your file the ones that are written first will override the ones that will follow.