lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 07-17-2007, 08:59 AM
The Wary

Question Question

I have LOTR running on my H: drive. LOTR:0 Interface Manager opens fine and will install most interfaces but all the options are greyed out and the drop down box in the program is greyed out (but the skins show up in game). I was wondering am I doing something wrong or is it because I don't have LOTR:0 installed in the default directory?
Unread 07-18-2007, 03:19 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Hi!

The app should look in your "My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\Skins" folder (using Windows built-in functionality to lookup the right folder) to get a list of skins and shouldn't care about where the game is acutally installed.

On a normal Windows XP installation the path should be something like this:
C:\Documents and settings\{your username}\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\Skins\

Can you please check the complete path to where your skins is installed. And if you don't get it to work I would appreciate if you could report it as a bug using the report bug feature: http://www.lotrointerface.com/portal...18&a=bugreport
Unread 07-18-2007, 01:07 PM
The Wary

Hello

Ok I think I know what is wrong. I am running Vista and Vista works like this
C:\Users\%USER%\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui Maybe that is why it mostly works. I would be glad to test anything you need, unless I am the only one running Vista to have this problem.
Unread 07-18-2007, 11:30 PM
The Undying

Add the folder "skins" inside your ui folder and put each ui folder inside the skins folder; the most important part of the folder structure. That's likely the cause.
Unread 07-19-2007, 04:53 AM
The Wary

The Directory structure is fine under the /ui/skins/ and The Interface Manager does a great job of unzipping new skins there.. the problems is all the options are greyed out and I can't see what skins are installed with the dropdown box in the Interface Manager. LOTR:0 Sees the skins fine.

BTW Thanks for a great program.
Unread 07-19-2007, 07:34 AM
The Undying

Hmm, strange.

All options should be grayed out until you have selected any skin so that part is fine.

However the fact that the app isn't showing any skins is a problem.
And it is in fact using the exact the same value to populate the dropdown as it does when installing skins.

When you start the app and if it cannot find any Skins folder it should ask to create one. Did that happened to you?

Some options may also be disabled even when you can select any skin (depending on wich options it can read from the UserSettings.ini) but that's a later problem.