lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 08-25-2012, 02:51 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Thoughts on toggling a toolbar when on a warsteed?

From the Rohan prelim notes posted here:
http://www.lotrointerface.com/forums...ead.php?t=1862

I see:
• Added GetMount to LocalPlayer.
• Added Mount, BasicMount, and CombatMount.

If I've been using this to toggle a UI quickslot bar on/off when in combat,

self.player = Turbine.Gameplay.LocalPlayer.GetInstance();
AddCallback(self.player, "InCombatChanged", function(sender, args)
self:SetVisible( self.player:IsInCombat() );
end);

What would be the correct structure for changing this to work to toggle the quickslot on whilst using a CombatMount given the above information?
On Bullroarer, replacing "InCombatChanged" with "MountChanged" works to trigger an event when I mount and dismount (either a normal mount or a warsteed), but can't work out what to use to get visiblility of the quickslot to change in place of (self.player:IsInCombat)
Any suggestions?

Last edited by Delone : 08-31-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Unread 09-01-2012, 06:30 AM
The Undying

Finally got on the beta - similar thoughts to yourself and nearly working. Can't work out how to figure out if it is a combat mount or not.
Unread 09-01-2012, 10:52 AM
The Undying

Weird thing is, if I put a writeline after using MountChanged to show when it triggers, it fires 3 times when mounting, and twice when dismounting.

/emote confused.
Unread 09-01-2012, 12:11 PM
The Undying

I have been testing this;

Code:
import "Turbine.Gameplay"

player = Turbine.Gameplay.LocalPlayer.GetInstance()

player.MountChanged=function(sender,args)

Geoff=player:GetMount()

--No mount? Then Geoff==nil else it points to an object for which we can get Morale, Power etc.

if Geoff~=nil then
			Turbine.Shell.WriteLine(Geoff:GetName())
			--How to test if it is a combat mount or not?
			--How about calling a skill that ONYL WORKS FOR COMBAT MOUNTS?
			Turbine.Shell.WriteLine(Geoff:GetTurnRate())
	end

end
And it seems to work - throws an error of course if the mount is not a combat mount.

Now, and this is a big problem, I can't figure out how to get a combat mount without progressing the epic story - and I want to leave that until I get the expansion, not ruin it for myself.

Can anyone confirm that this throws an error if the mount is NOT a combat mount, but doesn't throw an error for a combat mount.

Oh! And the multiple trigger thing is quite common - don't worry about it. It's to do with the way buffs are handled.
Unread 09-01-2012, 12:26 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJackdaw
Finally got on the beta - similar thoughts to yourself and nearly working. Can't work out how to figure out if it is a combat mount or not.
I haven't had a chance to check on war steeds yet, but you could try using GetMount() to get a mount instance and then check what methods are available for the mount. Regular steeds only have Constructor(), IsA(), GetName(), IsLocalPlayer(), GetMaxMorale() and GetMorale(). I believe the war steed instance will have additional methods since they have additional properties. You could then test for the existance of any additional method to determine if it is a war steed. You would also have to check into what it shows as available when the war steed is used for travelling outside Rhohan, I don't know if the methods will not be available as with a regular mount or if they will return nil or zero or their regular values. Hopefully I will be able to convince my game machine to stop spewing smoke long enough to check into this further.

EDIT: I see you posted a similar solution while I was busy checking the mount methods. In your case, you can assign a variable to the existance of the GetTurnRate method on the mount, Geoff:

isWarSteed=(Geoff.GetTurnRate==nil)

Of course, it would be better if Turbine implemented a MountInfo object that the mount instance could provide which could then have the MountType enumeration and any other info that is mount related. Unfortunately this does not exist, at least not yet.

Last edited by Garan : 09-01-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Unread 09-01-2012, 02:19 PM
The Undefeated

Quote:
Now, and this is a big problem, I can't figure out how to get a combat mount without progressing the epic story - and I want to leave that until I get the expansion, not ruin it for myself.
You can get a combat mount by doing all the Langhold quests (the first quests in Rohan).
Unread 09-01-2012, 06:49 PM
The Undying

Quote:
I have been testing this;

Code:

player = Turbine.Gameplay.LocalPlayer.GetInstance()

Geoff=player:GetMount()

--No mount? Then Geoff==nil else it points to an object for which we can get Morale, Power etc.

if Geoff~=nil then
			Turbine.Shell.WriteLine(Geoff:GetName())
			--How to test if it is a combat mount or not?
			--How about calling a skill that ONYL WORKS FOR COMBAT MOUNTS?
			Turbine.Shell.WriteLine(Geoff:GetTurnRate())
	end

end
And it seems to work - throws an error of course if the mount is not a combat mount.

Can anyone confirm that this throws an error if the mount is NOT a combat mount, but doesn't throw an error for a combat mount.

Oh! And the multiple trigger thing is quite common - don't worry about it. It's to do with the way buffs are handled.
Confirmed for throwing error. Going out for Fathers day, should be able to test further later. Thanks
Unread 09-02-2012, 12:05 AM
The Undying

Probably not at all an optimal way of doing things, but confirmed working method to show plugin "mountslots" only when on the Warsteed

Code:
self.player = Turbine.Gameplay.LocalPlayer.GetInstance()
self.player.MountChanged=function(sender,args)
     selfmount=self.player:GetMount()
     if selfmount==nil then 
     mountslots:SetVisible( false );
            else
	  if  selfmount.GetTurnRate~=nil then
	  mountslots:SetVisible( true );
	  else
	  mountslots:SetVisible( false );
           end
    end
end
Unread 09-02-2012, 12:45 AM
The Undying

Excellent!

Like you say, I am sure there will be a Mount:IsCombatMount() function or soemthing similar, but if this works we have a workaround!

EDIT:

Tried this, seems "Nicer";

Code:

player	= Turbine.Gameplay.LocalPlayer.GetInstance()

function player:IsCombatMount()
	local Mount	= self:GetMount()
	if Mount~=nil then
		return (Mount.GetTurnRate~=nil)
	end
end

function player:IsMounted()
	local Mount	= self:GetMount()
	return Mount~=nil 
end

if player:IsMounted() then
			local Mount	= player:GetMount()
			Turbine.Shell.WriteLine(Mount:GetName())
		if player:IsCombatMount() then
			Turbine.Shell.WriteLine("Combat Mount")
		else
			Turbine.Shell.WriteLine("Non Combat Mount")
		end
	else
			Turbine.Shell.WriteLine("No Mount")
	end

end

Last edited by MrJackdaw : 09-02-2012 at 01:00 AM.
Unread 09-02-2012, 12:54 AM
The Undying

I have noticed some very interesting things happening when you get out your mount when you are in a stance - it disappears! *All* buffs appear to disappear when you mount now, making a "IsMounted" function really important.

Off topic, but has any information been released for the Toolbar so we can run off and fix our skins?

Last edited by MrJackdaw : 09-02-2012 at 01:02 AM.