lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > Lua Programming Help (L)

Unread 04-22-2016, 03:48 PM
The Wary

SciTE Setup

Greets.

I'm wondering if anyone uses SciTE for coding. I use Notepad++ for nearly everything, but I'm curious about SciTE simply because it can be used as an IDE. My biggest question is how to integrate the Turbine API for autocomplete, function parameter expectations, etc.
Unread 04-22-2016, 07:52 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I just use Notepad++.

There is no way to extract the Turbine API's function prototypes from the game client. You might be able to extract them from the API documentation with a perl/python/etc script. Otherwise you'd have to manually add them to SciTE. Unless Garan has done it, I doubt anyone else has, and if they did, it's probably not up to date.
Unread 04-23-2016, 01:53 AM
The Wary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurallor
I just use Notepad++.

There is no way to extract the Turbine API's function prototypes from the game client. You might be able to extract them from the API documentation with a perl/python/etc script. Otherwise you'd have to manually add them to SciTE. Unless Garan has done it, I doubt anyone else has, and if they did, it's probably not up to date.
Thanks for the reply Turallor. Seriously doubt I'll be writing a script to extract information from the API docs. They don't seem to be particularly complete. I was hoping to build on the shoulders of those who've gone before me.