lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Script & Skin Managers

Unread 10-02-2010, 12:48 PM
The Wary

External songbook hta setup doesn't load

Hi, hoping someone can help me...songbook.hta opens fine in notebook but when I double click it doesn't open. I tried running it in the command window as songbook.hta but it says it doesn't see it. When I browse to it, its not there, only thing is a empty songbook. So i downloaded songbook.vbs and tried that. Had to browze to it and then it says i need to open it with my account name and closes. So..I tried songbook.vbs <and my login name> and there's no such file. Also tried songbook <loginname> and got the same thing..no such file.
I had no problems at all with other plugins like the manager but for some reason i can't figure out how to make my lapop run the external plugin for songbook.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Oh and I'm running winxp pro

Last edited by sheerra : 10-02-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Unread 10-02-2010, 04:25 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I have tried it in Windows 7 64-bit, Vista 32-bit and XP. And it has worked in all of those. So I'm not sure what could be wrong. It's probably related to some very strict access rights policies, but it sounds weird that the system would say that there's no such file.

Also, the script is external and not related to Lotro plugin architecture at all.

-Chiran
Unread 10-02-2010, 05:20 PM
The Undying

You could try right-clicking the .hta file then choosing 'Open with' (you might have to shift-right click to get that 'Open with' option) then see if the popup window offers something like 'Windows HTML application host' or 'Windows scripting host' to run it with and double click that then.

-Chiran
Unread 10-03-2010, 10:27 PM
The Wary

I had this problem, due to not having Internet Explorer installed on Windows XP (removed via slipstreamed install cd). C:\WINDOWS\System32\mshta.exe is the
application needed to run this.

(Use the open-with instructions Chiran posted, but it will not be on the list by default.)
Unread 10-19-2010, 03:44 PM
The Undefeated

Anyway to do this...

This is a problem I've had since player music was installed into LOTRO...

In order to play any multipart ABC files with other people, those people need to have those same files. Most of the time, you want to just ad hoc a band together to play something on the spot but can't.

Is there a way to enhance your plugin to allow me to group with random individuals and have them play various tracks that I would assign them without having to download the song to them? If you could do this sir, you would be my hero!

Cheers,
Zyriel of Vilya

P.S. Your plugin is very nice as it stands and enjoy using it In fact, I would love to see a jukebox mode! This would be a mode in which the user can select some or all of their songs to be played sequentially or randomly and looped at the end if desired. Just a thought :P

Last edited by Zyriel : 10-19-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Unread 10-20-2010, 02:25 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyriel
This is a problem I've had since player music was installed into LOTRO...

In order to play any multipart ABC files with other people, those people need to have those same files. Most of the time, you want to just ad hoc a band together to play something on the spot but can't.

Is there a way to enhance your plugin to allow me to group with random individuals and have them play various tracks that I would assign them without having to download the song to them? If you could do this sir, you would be my hero!

Cheers,
Zyriel of Vilya

P.S. Your plugin is very nice as it stands and enjoy using it In fact, I would love to see a jukebox mode! This would be a mode in which the user can select some or all of their songs to be played sequentially or randomly and looped at the end if desired. Just a thought :P
I would really be a wizard if I could do that :P. And yes, it would be really convenient as you described. But at the moment it is not possible, and the music system itself would need modifications to be able to do that. Related to this, one thing I am planning to add is the ability to paste song information to a chat channel so that coordination is easier between band members.

Sadly a jukebox mode isn't possible either.. The only way to utilize the music system is using chat commands via quickslots. You can't chain commands or make that automatic because allowing that would open a door to botting and automated gameplay.

So, currently the sandbox to play in is pretty small. But I'm of course looking to do whatever I can to improve the plugin!

-Chiran
Unread 10-20-2010, 06:53 AM
The Undefeated

Thank you for the response Chiran...I knew it was a longshot, but I had to ask Its truly been disheartening for me as I enjoy making ingame music and would love to make ad hoc bands when the mood hits. Still, your plugin is great...keep up the good work!

- Z