lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Script & Skin Managers

Unread 09-22-2010, 07:15 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bredic
Thank you for your kind words.

As Cairenn mentioned, the auto updating stuff is in the works. In the meantime, we really need as many of the current plugins converted to the LotroMod format as possible. This will allow people a single-click install (or a drag-n-drop install).

The LotroMod format is specified here on the wiki and it's very easy to use!

Happy Modding!
I would like to suggest that you keep support for files with the .zip extension as well - provided that they include the required xml file. Mainly because it's kinda counterproductive in combination with the subversion available here - which can only generate .zip files. Although I can edit my trunk to include the necessary xml file, I don't have any control over that extension.

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros
Unread 09-23-2010, 04:47 AM
The Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Utopia
I would like to suggest that you keep support for files with the .zip extension as well - provided that they include the required xml file. Mainly because it's kinda counterproductive in combination with the subversion available here - which can only generate .zip files. Although I can edit my trunk to include the necessary xml file, I don't have any control over that extension.
There is a little secret....if you drop a valid LotroMod file on the Mod Manager with the zip extension, it will work like a charm. In fact, the extension "zip" and "lotromod" are interchangeable.

Thanks for the info though - didn't know the SVN here generated zips only. But yeah - zips are totally cool as is.
Unread 09-23-2010, 04:15 PM
The Undying

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bredic
There is a little secret....if you drop a valid LotroMod file on the Mod Manager with the zip extension, it will work like a charm. In fact, the extension "zip" and "lotromod" are interchangeable.

Thanks for the info though - didn't know the SVN here generated zips only. But yeah - zips are totally cool as is.
Ok good deal! I just wanted to make sure. You probably know as much as I do that when it comes to apps dealing with files, there are plenty of them that get lazy with validation.

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros
Unread 09-29-2010, 01:54 PM
The Undying

This is nice for the end-users must admit. Cheers!

Just a little idea .. this could be easily tweaked to support skins as well, yes ? *winks*

edit: and maybe you should make some kind of link to this thread (or new thread) in Wiki if you're not planning to upload the manager here.. would make the commenting a bit easier to keep them all in one place

Last edited by daimon : 09-29-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Unread 11-23-2010, 07:25 AM
The Wary

As there doesn't seem to be a reaction on my file comment, I'll repost it here, hoping Bredic will see it this way.

I'm not sure if this is known, but it looks like (in v1.0.0) the metadata update dialog is set to reset the

Code:
<folder type="plugin">xxx</folder>
to

Code:
<folder type="plugin">plugin</folder>
every time it is saved. Tends to get confused a lot for me.