lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 11-29-2010, 09:10 AM
The Unscathed

Plugin Creator/Builder

Would it be possible to create something like the UIBuilder but for plugins?
Unread 11-29-2010, 11:00 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Design wise no...problem is that LUA scripting is not based on a DLL and would be very version specific....as of Nov 2010 the version of LUA being provided has changed and certain framework elements were changed.

If it was as easy as simply developing a library of classes/elements it would have been done. But most of LUA is also abstract based on the game that is implementing it.
Unread 11-30-2010, 05:32 AM
The Unscathed

Ok, Thanks for your reply. Then I'll try creating some stuff myself.
Unread 11-30-2010, 10:33 AM
The Undying

I would be more than happy to assist, but still working on a way to extract the LUA framework so we can know what is in their.

I can help with creating a library, its the ability to highlight and intellisense that becomes the hard part.
Unread 11-30-2010, 10:41 AM
The Undying

To get a list of all the available functions of the API, try this:
1. Start Logging your chat window.
2. Run a simple plugin that does a Turbine.Debug.Table.Dump(_G);

That will dump everything you will have access to a log file for further reading....

Also, I think it could be possible to create a tool that would allow people to layout a plugin fairly easily, like visual studio does. But the actual functionality of the plugin would still need to be done by hand.
Unread 11-30-2010, 12:18 PM
The Undying

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
I was experimenting with a way of creating an in-game GUI for creating Lua UIs and although I made some basic progress, I had to put it on hold due to both real life responsibilities, as well as responsibilities with existing plugins (i.e. Palantir). Unfortunately I can't say when I'll be able to get back to working on it

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros
Unread 12-01-2010, 05:16 AM
The Unscathed

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldbishop
I would be more than happy to assist, but still working on a way to extract the LUA framework so we can know what is in their.

I can help with creating a library, its the ability to highlight and intellisense that becomes the hard part.
What I meant was, that I will look into creating a plugin myself. Not the Creator/Builder. Sorry if I confused you.
Unread 12-02-2010, 10:14 AM
The Undying

I do alot of UI development and am pretty good at effecient coding. Although most of my experience is with VB.Net....i think this type of application would best be suited for WPF development.

I would like to be included in a Lua API. The one i am working on is utilizing the .Net reflection namespace to iterate through a library.

Obviously, the library is just a simply template and wouldnt be actively used in the LUA deployed but in the IDE it can help with the Intellisense markup and available framework. My end goal is to potentially have it so that any program that utilizes the LUA framework, would be able to be included into the IDE and the then coder could leverage it against it.

Its a big cup of soup, but shouldnt be too hard. Its the frame of the application i am throwing ideas around on.