lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > DDO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (D)

Unread 02-09-2008, 04:50 AM
The Undefeated

i am useing xp and yes i have try with winzip, winrar and 7zip and still no result
Unread 02-09-2008, 05:11 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Hmm.Im out of Ideas at the moment.dont know why its been trouble for you.It should worked.I even downloaded Jappme to verify the files working,and they are.I don't know.O ther thing that come to my mind is right click the Lotro folder properties in my documents and make sure it not set to read only,uncheck it, or if its encrypted if your using NTFS file system wich I dont know if that revelent to the problems so un encrypt it.dont know about having administrator privalages.Make sure to log in as administrator or have access to windows xp full privelage incase your using Limited account access.

Last edited by Brygard2007 : 02-09-2008 at 05:14 AM.
Unread 02-09-2008, 06:07 AM
The Undefeated

ok thank u m8 i login on xp as admin and still nothing do worry i'll try again and if it not work again i dont use ui themes for lotro np !!!!
Unread 07-06-2011, 01:05 PM
The Wary

I have the exact same problem with my LOTRO UI themes and my plugins.
Usually the background,borders,buttons and almost every element of the modified UI looks like a grid with blue squares and white lines.
After trying almost every possible solution in forums about LOTRO, it hit me.
You see, NektariosZ and i are both from Greece, we both use Windows XP and my guessing is that the problem is because of the native language in our computers, which is probably set to Greek.
Just a thought, yes i know, a crazy one, but it could be the root of this problem.
But i'm too lazy to format my computer and make a clean install of windows in english language, so i can't be sure if this is indeed the problem!
Any thoughts on that?

Last edited by Erendralin : 07-06-2011 at 01:06 PM. Reason: typos, i hate 'em, i really do!
Unread 07-06-2011, 01:52 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erendralin
I have the exact same problem with my LOTRO UI themes and my plugins.
Usually the background,borders,buttons and almost every element of the modified UI looks like a grid with blue squares and white lines.
You might find that its because your using images that are not TGA (targa) format. PNG show what your saying you are getting, not sure about other formats, not tried
Unread 07-06-2011, 06:14 PM
The Wary

So, what do you suggest my friend?
As far as i know, all the image files have an extension of .tga.
I don't know if it's possible but, is there any way to use the borders and icons of the default ui in order to avoid conflicts?
I mean, i have downloaded a skin editor but, again, some parts are missing, even when i load the ui skin through the editor-instead of blue-white grid i get a red one that dissapears as soon as i check an option that doesn't displays missing art(That's an editor option).
The modified skins seem to be almost perfect when i load them through the editor, but in-game the things look awfull.
I will post a few screenshots of both the editor and the in-game issues so that you can see what i mean.
Unread 07-06-2011, 06:40 PM
The Wary

This is a custom UI as it looks in-game-->
http://flic.kr/p/9NKeta

And this is a screenshot i took through the Skin Editor interface-->
http://flic.kr/p/a1frsV

I'm really frustrated not because the whole thing doesn't work, but because i feel useless, because i can't find why it's not working, what am i doing wrong-if i am doing wrong anything.
Unread 07-06-2011, 06:53 PM
The Undying

Im more into plugins rather than XML skinning, but for sure the blue and white hatching images are what i see if i use .PNG images in plugins. Maybe theres something wrong with the address of the images. e.g. the XML is looking in the wrong place...?

Cant really think of anything else at the moment.
Unread 07-06-2011, 09:34 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erendralin
The grid means that the image files (.tga) are not being loaded in-game. Usually this problem happens when the image files are missing or in the wrong location. Since you're able to load the custom ui, the SkinDefinition file must be in the correct location. Another possibility is that the image files are corrupt or otherwise unreadable.

If you followed the directions from above from Brygard2007 something else must be the problem. I'm sorry but I don't know what to suggest.
Unread 07-09-2011, 07:40 AM
The Wary

Ok, i finally solved this annoying problem.
It's been a long time since i performed maintenance on my PC so i did it last night.
Fresh install of windows xp pro, English version in a clean, freshly-formatted HD.
I messed up a bit with regedit, got the Administrator account visible in the login screen, logged in as admin, installed every update and then the game.
I don't know if it's the English version of windows instead of the Greek one i was using, or the fact that i changed the privileges in the LOTRO files, but everything worked.
UI skins, plugins, everything.
So, after this i can only assume that either the Greek edition causes problems with LUA and UI skins, or it's windows XP Home edition and the privileges, that mess up with the .tga files.
I'm glad i got it to work and i hope NektariosZ will read this and try the same method!
You guys helped a lot by explaining to me how LUA works.
Thanks again!