lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > Lua Programming Help (L)

Unread 12-29-2021, 10:48 AM
The Wary

Draw lines / points

Is there any way to draw lines or points using LUA scripting? I am attempting to make a plugin that visualize network connection (although I am not sure I can retrieve it with the API).
Unread 12-30-2021, 06:23 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wangwang
Is there any way to draw lines or points using LUA scripting? I am attempting to make a plugin that visualize network connection (although I am not sure I can retrieve it with the API).
There is no nice way to draw lines. However, you can simulate lines with very thin, rotated windows. My Cards plugin has a somewhat crude line (and arrow) class. There are a lot of limitations to this, but the statistics display in Cards demonstrates a graph using the line class.

The network connectivity info would be the difficult part but I'm not sure I see the need. The built-in connectivity display (Options-> UI Settings-> Show Connexion Status) already shows current latency, packet loss and sent/received Bps which is all you need at a glance. Routes would be nice, but not really necessary in-game (easy enough to check outside of game when needed).