lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > General Authoring Discussion (L)

Unread 12-11-2021, 05:04 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Player Buffs Broken in recent update

Edit: Nevermind apparently when I updated buffbars it broke my character buff display. No idea how, but resetting it seems to have fixed it.

I've recently started playing again and after the most recent update I've noticed the player buffs and debuffs tray is broken on my vitals display.

I've tried a few other skins and have noticed the same problem. I've tried updating my skin xml and looking around but I can't find an answer anywhere so I was hoping maybe someone here would know what to do.

here is what it looked like about a week ago

Here's what is looks like now

I've tracked it down to something being wrong with the

Code:
<Element ID="PlayerEffectDisplay" />

## This one works fine

<Element ID="OpponentEffectDisplay"  />
So I'm hoping someone here has the fix as nothing I've done seems to work

cross-post from lotro official forums.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...24#post8113124

Last edited by liftedplane : 12-11-2021 at 09:26 AM.
Unread 02-03-2022, 09:52 PM
The Unscathed

I'm also having this issue, but not finiding any way to fix it.

I tried the panel from various skins that have it above the vitals, tried changing the values manually, but regardless of what I set the X, Y, Width or Height it just stays the same.

I turned all my plugins off too, made no difference.

Anybody have any ideas?

Update: OK, so I logged into my Beorning and my buffs are fine there, logged into a different hunter and my buffs are fine too, did a full UI and graphics reset, but my main hunter still has bad buff position.

Not really sure where to go from there, no idea why that hunter has issues and why a reset didn't help. Tried copying ui setting from the beorning to hunter and that made no difference.

Last edited by dt192 : 02-03-2022 at 10:52 PM.
Unread 02-06-2022, 05:36 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt192
I'm also having this issue, but not finiding any way to fix it.

I tried the panel from various skins that have it above the vitals, tried changing the values manually, but regardless of what I set the X, Y, Width or Height it just stays the same.

I turned all my plugins off too, made no difference.

Anybody have any ideas?

Update: OK, so I logged into my Beorning and my buffs are fine there, logged into a different hunter and my buffs are fine too, did a full UI and graphics reset, but my main hunter still has bad buff position.

Not really sure where to go from there, no idea why that hunter has issues and why a reset didn't help. Tried copying ui setting from the beorning to hunter and that made no difference.
So after trying and trying to fix it I've come to the conclusion that it has to do with the LoE bar they added to mordor. Even though it's gone after you leave mordor it still uses whatever change they made to mess it up.

Likely there's some info for the skin missing because a dev changed something to add the LoE/shadow bar into the game and they didn't bother to update the skindef files.

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to use the lua plugin for vitals and to skin it but honestly I'm a bit lost and don't have the time.

only fix I can seem to find is completely remaking the art assets for my ui to include this change. OR just live with it.
Unread 02-08-2022, 01:55 AM
The Unscathed

OK, I worked it out.

Paste this PlayerEffectDisplay_Spacer line above your PlayerEffectDisplay line and then copy the X and Y values of PlayerEffectDisplay to the new element.

Code:
<Element ID="PlayerEffectDisplay_Spacer" X="32" Y="0" Width="1" Height="15" />
<Element ID="PlayerEffectDisplay" X="32" Y="0" Width="207" Height="40" />
Unread 02-11-2022, 07:33 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt192
OK, I worked it out.

Paste this PlayerEffectDisplay_Spacer line above your PlayerEffectDisplay line and then copy the X and Y values of PlayerEffectDisplay to the new element.

Code:
<Element ID="PlayerEffectDisplay_Spacer" X="32" Y="0" Width="1" Height="15" />
<Element ID="PlayerEffectDisplay" X="32" Y="0" Width="207" Height="40" />
I don't know how you discovered this, I literally looked everywhere. BUT it works, thank you very much. Gonna update my UI with this tonight then start fixing all of the sizes to work correctly again (this is gonna take a minute)