lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > Lua Programming Help (L)

Unread 10-03-2011, 07:02 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

There's a PartyChanged event that occurs when you join a party, and presumably any time the party changes.

Last edited by moebius92 : 10-03-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Unread 10-03-2011, 09:40 PM
The Undying

The events seem to be:
LeaderChanged()
MemberAdded()
MemberRemoved()
AssistTargetAdded()
AssistTargetRemoved()
PartyChanged()
RaidChanged()

I may have missed some, but those seem to be valid. It's hard to test right now since my third gaming box spewed smoke and died and party changes usually require three characters to test.

Last edited by Garan : 10-04-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Unread 10-04-2011, 02:23 PM
The Unscathed

What is the difference between MemberAdded/Removed and Party/RaidChanged?

Also do you know what info is sent with each event? Guess I can just dump the event objects by doing some testing of the events .

Having PartyChanged fire every time a member is added or removed seems redundant. I would guess it just fires every time you join or leave a fellowship?
Unread 10-04-2011, 04:01 PM
The Wary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengoros
What is the difference between MemberAdded/Removed and Party/RaidChanged?

Also do you know what info is sent with each event? Guess I can just dump the event objects by doing some testing of the events .

Having PartyChanged fire every time a member is added or removed seems redundant. I would guess it just fires every time you join or leave a fellowship?
One thing to keep in mind is that there used to be a GetRaid() and GetParty() method, but GetRaid() was ditched due to redundancy. It's possible that there's a similar case here in the PartyChanged() and RaidChanged() events.

As for the differences between those and the MemberAdded()/MemberRemoved events, it could be that re-ordering the party members would trigger PartyChanged(), but wouldn't trigger the Added/Removed events. I could see that being a useful distinction to make.
Unread 10-04-2011, 05:06 PM
The Unscathed

Out of the three events I was interested in(MemberAdded, MemberRemoved, PartyChanged) the only event I could get to fire was PartyChanged, none of the other events seem to work. I tested this with a group of 3.
Unread 10-04-2011, 05:44 PM
The Undying

Got a bit of a chance to play around with this - tested the following member events:

MoraleChanged, MaxMoraleChanged, BaseMaxMoraleChanged all seem to work (at least I think they all work - I dump all of them to the same event handler).

PowerChanged, MaxPowerChanged, BaseMaxPowerChanged also seems to work (again I think they work - I'm using the same handler for all power events as well).

EffectAdded seems to work, but effects have a tendency to get re-added every so often. They may be removed as well, but I can't tell because EffectRemoved and EffectCleared never triggered. I was in a different zone than the players I was testing my script with, so that may be a factor. Also, the effects list is ... odd. The count doesn't seem to be consistent, or always right. It'll never be larger than it should be, but it sometimes won't be as large as it should be. So, unfortunately, polling probably isn't an answer.

InCombatChanged never seemed to trigger - not a big deal, I can just use the player's.

Edit: I should note that this is for party members other than the player. On the player, all of the events worked fine.

Further Edit: Garan didn't mention it, but it looks like MemberAdded and MemberRemoved are Party events. Presumably so are LeaderChanged, AssistTargetAdded, AssistTargetRemoved.

Last edited by moebius92 : 10-04-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Unread 10-05-2011, 02:17 AM
The Unscathed

Ok I tried MemberRemoved and MemberAdded on the party and they work... until I zone somewhere then they stop working.

Edit: It seems it may not be a zone issue so much as members being added and removed. I posted a thread in the current api issues forum so that the developers are aware of it.

Last edited by Pengoros : 10-05-2011 at 03:28 PM.