lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > General Authoring Discussion (L)

Unread 03-06-2020, 11:16 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

SequenceBars - sharing exports

Hi,

since SequenceBars has this amazing export feature allowing you to export a bar and import on another account or PC, I was wondering if others maybe have cool bar setups they would be willing to share. Especially since I am just starting out with the plugin and am looking for ideas.

Pointers to exports found elsewhere are also welcome.
Unread 03-06-2020, 12:17 PM
The Undying

I'm glad you like it, but it never really "took off" like I envisioned. I'm not aware of anyone ever exchanging sequences here or on the main forum, but I did post an export of warden gambit sequences just to demonstrate the feature.

However, it turns out that Warden is probably the worst class to use with this plugin, because of the high rate of skill failures. Ironic, since the reason I originally made the plugin was to invent an easier way to play the Warden.

Wardens can still use it for gear-swapping, and testing rotations with the training dummy.
Unread 03-07-2020, 06:37 AM
The Undying

Once I get some time and can configure some useful sequences I'll try and share them via pastebin.com or gist on Github, maybe we can start a movement here :-)

I realized SequenceBArs is the closest we can get to something close to the WeakAuras addon of WoW, that is so popular that that is a website called wago.io dedicated to sharing exports like that from it...
Unread 03-07-2020, 02:32 PM
The Undying

Interesting. I've never played WoW, and I've never seen that add-on. It has a lot of the same features of SequenceBars. (It also has an impressive array of other features, which I guess is what you get when the game has much better Lua support, and you have a whole team of authors/maintainers working on the plugin.)

But, it seems to have a fundamentally different purpose -- to display buffs and debuffs in a fancy/customized way -- rather than enable sequences of skills to be executed. (I only watched a couple of videos, though.)

What is the main functionality that you see as the commonality between WeakAuras and SequenceBars?
Unread 03-07-2020, 07:37 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurallor
Interesting. I've never played WoW, and I've never seen that add-on. It has a lot of the same features of SequenceBars. (It also has an impressive array of other features, which I guess is what you get when the game has much better Lua support, and you have a whole team of authors/maintainers working on the plugin.)

But, it seems to have a fundamentally different purpose -- to display buffs and debuffs in a fancy/customized way -- rather than enable sequences of skills to be executed. (I only watched a couple of videos, though.)

What is the main functionality that you see as the commonality between WeakAuras and SequenceBars?
It is maybe not so much functionality, but the concept of a plugin that can be used for many different things, to some degree creating an easy to use toolkit for creating your own functionality.

An example would be the Sequencebar with warden travel skills I saw in one of your videos. It can replace TravelWindow to some degree, SequenceBars was not purpose-built for that functionality, but you can still achieve that because it is so universal/flexible.

Last edited by Hyoss : 03-08-2020 at 06:36 AM.
Unread 03-07-2020, 10:41 PM
The Undying

Ah, ok. Yes, SequenceBars has collected quite a few features over the years due to different usage cases that were suggested by players later. I'm often surprised when I hear how it's being used. Let me know if/when you post something, and I'll add a link on the SB home page.
Unread 03-12-2020, 08:33 AM
The Undying

So I am thinking that with SequenceBars custom LUA functionality it might be possible to create a TravelSkills Bar that automatically only shows the travel/milestone/racial travel skills available to your character at that point. I will try and set that up once I have time and start sharing once I have at least an example snippet that works for one skill.