lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 05-28-2007, 04:05 PM
The Wary

Noob Questions - Layouts

Is there a way to save my UI layout and use the same one from toon to toon - I am so sick of redoing it on every new one I make.

Thanks for any help.
Unread 05-28-2007, 04:45 PM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Unfortunately, not at this point. Currently the settings are saved server side, not client side. We can hope that they may change this eventually.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Unread 06-15-2007, 11:18 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Glad someone brought this up before I had to re-ask the same thing.
Unread 06-28-2007, 10:39 AM
The Wary

I've asked for this as a suggestion in the official lotro forums a while back. Apparently it's a mixed bag when it comes to agreeing on this. Some people like having it stored server side so they can go to their friends house who has the same screen resolution and be able to play their characters, and then there are people like myself that would like to see it stored client side so that when I play on my desktop at 1680x1050 and on my laptop 1280x950 I would not have to keep changing my UI each time I change computers with a different screen resolution.

Im hoping that Turbine puts in a switch that lets the user decide if they want to store their profile server side or client side.
Unread 06-29-2007, 04:48 PM
The Undying

In my EQ days, I used to just email myself one of my characters ui settings (very small files) so whenever I played somewhere else, I could just copy/rename/paste and it was all good. I've also asked for some clarification on this both on the official LotRO boards, and here.

*nudge Frosty* Any info? =p
Unread 06-30-2007, 02:58 PM
The Undying

Well even if its saved server side they could put an Option in UI options like this -

Translate UI setting from - <drop down box of characters>

And this will copy over the files and reset up everything. It's not that hard to do a copy of data in a ini file to another ini file on a server.