lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > General Authoring Discussion (L)

Unread 11-10-2010, 11:25 PM
The Indomitable
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

How to change morale/power bar colors?

My re-skin is looking beautiful in universal tones of gold and burgundy. However, these colors clash badly with the blue and green bars in all vitals displays. I've played with a vitals overlay TGA file, but it seemed to do nothing.

This is not as trivial (to me) as it sounds. Is there any way to change the color of the existing morale and power bars, either by reskinning or by, in a worst case scenario, a Lua plugin?

All I've been able to find is the Palantir plugin, but these Lua controls seem to be for the added vertical bars, not for the existing vitals displays. Any help, or pointing me in the right direction, would be appreciated.
Unread 11-11-2010, 01:30 AM
The Undying

As far as I am aware there is no way to re-colour the bars by skinning. As for LUA - the only ones available right now still use the Green/Blue colouring.
Unread 11-12-2010, 04:12 AM
The Wary

Re-colouring vitals bars

Much as Mr Jackdaw said, the only real way to re-colour the bars atm is thru lua plugins, the beauty here is they could be set on the fly.

The pics (hopefully) attached show some modified colours for a hud I gave up on a little while ago that uses coloured windows instead of blended graphics for the vitals bars. Turning these sideways would probably be easier than the current vertical coding which was an absolute pain.

To achieve what you are after would probably require a mix of skinned vitals and re-coloured hud but would be achievable if somewhat clunky.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot00014.jpg
Views:	783
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	186  Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot00015.jpg
Views:	761
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	187  
Unread 11-16-2010, 09:20 AM
The Indomitable

Thanks for the responses. All I've seen so far is the ability to color user-made bars via Lua. I'm really looking for a simple way to re-color all existing vitals as they display (fellowship vitals, skirmish pet, etc.), not just the frame but the fluid bars.

As you can see, the default green and blue morale and power become an eyesore in my revamped color scheme.
Unread 11-16-2010, 09:41 AM
The Wary

Wow, that UI is brilliant!! GIEF!
Unread 11-16-2010, 04:37 PM
The Wary

Have you tried using a transparent fill over the health and power bar zones of your player and opponent vitals. This will obviously affect the colouring of the health / power text - but it may be the only way to achieve what you are after in the short-term.

PS - Very nice work.
Unread 11-17-2010, 12:40 AM
The Indomitable

I can fill a partially transparent inside the vitals frames, but to create a significant change of the underlying color, it needs to be somewhat opaque, and this overlay also makes the numerical displays harder to see. So it's not very good. There is also a "floaty_vitals_overlay" in the SkinArtPack, but I didn't have much luck playing with that.

Thanks. Getting close I think! Mainly need to complete the little drawings for all of the deed log tabs. Trying to make them more distinct and useful for finding pages in the deed log than the spear-head-looking default UI tabs, which look good, but all sort of look the same.