lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > DDO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (D)

Unread 06-20-2011, 12:31 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

That is an interesting problem.

No plugins will help with this. I also doubt there is anything to be done with in-game settings currently.

The only solution I can think of off hand is a program that could possibly take one key press, and translate it into repeating a different key press. I have no idea if something like this exists or not.
Unread 06-20-2011, 12:32 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortunis
Why does your friend have to use an emulator?... Whats wrong with just the keyboard?
Given the 'puffing into a straw' comment, I can only guess the person has no use of his hands or feet.
Unread 06-20-2011, 12:33 PM
The Undying

His friend is using a Sip-and-puff device to input morse code, which would be because he cannot use a mechanical device let alone a keyboard. The problem though, is morse code will input individual keystrokes (key down + key up), which does not allow for repeating keys, ideally, his friend would ideally need a custom code to toggle repeating keys, or possibly for this specific issue, a code to issue an arrow-right key-down event and another for arrow-right key-up (or a completely different input device, but that's beyond the scope of this thread).
Unread 06-21-2011, 08:05 AM
The Undying

have you all also tried contacting the maker of the emulator?
Unread 06-21-2011, 08:16 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.H1cks
Given the 'puffing into a straw' comment, I can only guess the person has no use of his hands or feet.
Ah yes :s.. i shouldve gone back upto the first post and read it properly

Without any of us being able to see/run the emulator, it would be hard for us to come up with a solution and i doubt its possible with lotro LUA.

I also agree with unclecid to contact the creators of the emulator and/or maybe theres a compatible program out there that you can use the emulator with to cause a keydown then keyup events. A macro type program.

theres some ive seen in the past like:-

joytokey
mousetokey
Xpadder (nice joypad program)
Macro Express (a more advanced but easy to use program)

to name a few. If the emulator is emulating a key press then a macro type program can be used to see a key press and turn it into something different, including repeating that key 13 times if you wish or make it so it toggles repeat key press on/off, so theres control of how far u want to turn.

Last edited by Fortunis : 06-21-2011 at 08:32 AM.
Unread 06-21-2011, 02:12 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Why does your friend have to use an emulator?... Whats wrong with just the keyboard?
Please excuse me, but this borders on ignorance. Reading this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckTanner
Each press is sent by sipping and puffing morse code into a straw
He is forced to use it, probably because he is not able to use his hands at all with a keyboard.

On Topic:

Perhaps a software like AutoIt can help. You can create keyboard input macros with it that are executed when a particular key kombination is pressed. It should be possible to create a macro that will turn your character 90°/180° and then set up the keyboard emulator to execute the keyboard combination that executes the macro.

Another idea would be to contact the producer/developer of the keyboard emulator and ask them whether a driver/firmware update is available/even possible that would help with your problem.

Last edited by Hyoss : 06-21-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Unread 06-23-2011, 07:23 AM
The Undying

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
Part of the confusion here is involving using the word "emulator" instead of an alternative device. An emulator is, by its very definition, a piece of software that emulates a piece of hardware. An example of a "keyboard emulator" would be the On Screen Keyboard that ships with Windows. Calling a sip & puff device a keyboard emulator, is like calling a trackball or touchpad a mouse emulator.

That being said, the only solution here is to either a) contact the device manufacturer, or b) look for alternative hardware. Although I'll admit I haven't kept up on alternative input devices for disabled persons - I would like to imagine that there should be some form of head/eye tracking device that could emulate the mouse. If such a device does exist, that would probably be your best bet for this, or any type of game.

As far as other solutions go - all I have to say is good luck. From what I've seen of LotRO, it's very picky about what input it accepts. Obviously this is done to greatly discourage botting/automation, but the end result is that unless what's sending the mouse/keyboard commands is actually a piece of input hardware - it's not going to be recognized. So you would ultimately need a true keyboard emulator in order to do anything via software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogumil
He did apologize for missing that part, a good 6 hours before you took him to task A certain saying involving glass houses and stones come to mind

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros
Unread 06-23-2011, 07:38 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Utopia
He did apologize for missing that part, a good 6 hours before you took him to task A certain saying involving glass houses and stones come to mind
Yes, I failed to realize that there is a second page of answers when reading his first post. Regarding the saying with glass houses and stones, I should probably get hit by some of the stones for that
Unread 06-23-2011, 08:32 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogumil

He is forced to use it, probably because he is not able to use his hands at all with a keyboard.
Yes this was already replied against and i admitted i didnt read the main post properly/again. So there was no need for your ignorance at the events of this thread.

When conversations happen over days/weeks, it is easy to forget the full facts of the conversation, but i guess its hard to understand that for some people. :P
Unread 06-23-2011, 05:14 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Yes this was already replied against and i admitted i didnt read the main post properly/again. So there was no need for your ignorance at the events of this thread.

When conversations happen over days/weeks, it is easy to forget the full facts of the conversation, but i guess its hard to understand that for some people. :P
I already admitted I deserve punishment myself 0:-) I sincerely am sorry and would like to apologize.

Once again I hope a solution for the OP can be found somehow.