lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > DDO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (D)

Unread 03-03-2011, 01:42 PM
The Wary

Hud with self and target?

I know that modding for here is completely diff then games such as WoW. But I've been using Palantir, great for a less visually intense hud for tanking or just watching your M/P yourself. But was wondering if was possible for someone to make a HUD like one i used to use in Wow. IceHUD i believe it was called.

The HUD design was similar to Palantir, but instead of just your personal Infor wraping around the center. It was givenextra bars.

Basicly on left side of your char it would show your Morale and power in a resizable dual bar set, to left of that you could also have it display Pet bars for those with a pet to make use. To right of your char you would have Target Bars, same layout as char bars just reversed, then you could have target of target.

I know it would take a bit of programing, but would be great for tanking. Have all the bars able to be resized, and repositioned. Could seperate by making the Hud replace those aspects in game. Like target window, target of target window, pet window etc.

Just curious if its possible to do this. Could even bee a revamp of Palantir, not sure. I know speaking from a tanks aspect, thi would be great, to be able to remove from fields of view your portrait window and your targets window plus the visual side of it would give a little better ability to how you could setup your on screen distractions to limit amount of looking around the screen you have to do instead of being able to just focus.
Unread 03-03-2011, 02:05 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I am sure that as soon as we can get the info for the Target/Pets/Party using Lua - we can't right now - Palantir will be updated to do so.
Unread 03-03-2011, 02:20 PM
The Undying

yea I bet DU has had the code almost ready from the beginning just to wait to implement it when possible
Unread 05-07-2011, 01:16 PM
The Undying

I'm looking forward to the day that we'll be able to have that info handled by Palantir. There's still a lot of stuff that people would like to see opened up for plugins, just not sure how long it's going to take.

Last edited by Uthboth : 05-07-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Unread 05-07-2011, 05:02 PM
The Undying

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
Obviously I'm going to agree here, that I'd like to display every type of information that could be placed (reasonably) in a HUD. Unfortunately, that's out of my hands for now - so my only solution for the time being is to take Palantir and design it how I ultimately want it to look, feel, and be structured, so I can officially say: "Your move, Turbine".

That is the goal for Palantir v2 - to introduce every last idea I have thought up (or others have suggested), and to set it up so that not only will there be support for numerous bars, but to make enabling them or creating new ones as easy and quick as possible.

Not a lot of development has occurred yet on Palantir 2, but a lot of planning has taken place, and work on supporting systems is being done currently -such as the XML and Lua UI Markup libraries - which will be used extensively in Palantir's UI, and also work for bar skins.

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros