lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 12-12-2009, 10:31 PM
The Wary

UI Main Bar Problem

Hello, I am new to coding and ui stuff like that. I was trying to get a ui to work with SoM and have ran into a few problems.

(this is the UI).

I edited the xml so the main bar on the bottom would work, and the other xml files from Daimon's guide to getting MoM themes to work with SoM.

The problem I have is if I have the ui equipped, and I log out and back in - the main bar on the bottom is off center, I'm wanting to know how to recenter it and keep it there, or what to change in the xml.

However, If I have a different UI equipped, and change it to the ui i'm trying to get working without logging out it looks fine -Example

But if I log out and back in, it looks something like this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

-Fraz
Unread 02-26-2010, 03:41 AM
The Wary
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Sorry, old post and all, but I am a little frustrated with a related problem.

From my observation, LotRO will only reload the custom PanelFile elements correctly on start-up. Swapping skins will not load them properly, nor will simply logging out. You have to restart the game. If you change to windowed mode, it will disturb the positioning of custom elements at the borders of the screen. Swapping back to full-screen will leave them in their disturbed positions until you restart the game. I have not been able to get around this issue, so I have stayed away from customized main bar positioning.

Last edited by Rainyman : 02-26-2010 at 03:49 AM.
Unread 02-26-2010, 08:53 AM
The Undying

Positioning the main bar along the auto attack indicator and fervor pips is certainly painful.

However you can get my last Yessh UI. I added an XLS file that generates the right coordinates. Checking how it works would certainly help you (Feel free to use it in your UI). Just note that my XP bar is 1024 wide and 6 high.

As you can see below I set the height to the screen height (1050) and width (1650) so I can move the pips and auto attack indicator anywhere.
<Element ID="ToolbarField" X="0" Y="0" Width="1680" Height="1050" Detach="1">
Also by default the calculations centers the pips and attack indicator in the middle near the bottom of the screen.

Just remember if you have custom settings for the main bar, you need to set the toolbar size at 1 or it will be somewhere in the middle :
ESC -> Options -> UI Settings -> UI Scale -> Toolbar = 1.00
Unread 03-15-2010, 10:57 PM
The Wary

Thank you Deewe, I'll try it out.

Edit: Ah, I see what you mean. It's definitely a handy tool. Though I'm still annoyed that the game will not refresh the element positions until you restart the game. I play on a laptop, and occasionally swap to an LCD monitor... changing the resolution and screwing up any custom UI I have enabled.

Last edited by Rainyman : 03-15-2010 at 11:08 PM.