lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 05-21-2007, 01:12 AM
The Wary

Interface for Lower Resoultion

Im looking for an interface that works well at 800x600 and doesnt take up the whole screen like the oringal UI does, Im running on a 36 inch Gateway Destination (Circa 1996) monitor, and its max res is only 800x600, yeah its low, but its big .

If anyone can point me to something Id appriciate it greatly
Unread 05-21-2007, 01:31 AM
The Wary

Honestely, you'd be MUCH better served spending $100-$150 and getting a nice 19' CRT. You'll be able to crank the resolution up and you'll see what you've been missing. Seriously, just b/c that thing is 36' dosen't mean it's worth using, especially if it's max resolution is 800x600, not only is that a pretty low resolution, but it's spread across a 36' monitor....it must look like playing an NES game

You'd be AMAZED at how much better games look at higher resoltions.
Unread 05-21-2007, 02:12 AM
The Undying

I agree 110%!!

Sounds like you have a 36" TV with a VGA hookup in the back.

A new monitor would be an AMAZING difference for you.
Unread 05-21-2007, 08:50 AM
The Wary

i have the same problem. I'm playing HDRO on a 19" TFT but it only works fine in 1024x768...but in this resultion the interface is terrible. It would be very nice if someone would make ah *mini* interface for the low resolutions.

PS: Yes you are right..i can also lower the details and make then the resolution higher...but the game looks grade in this resolution with high details..the only problem ist the interface...
Unread 05-21-2007, 09:23 AM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Once we have scaling the interface size issues can be fixed. Until then, though, there's nothing the modders can do. I have to agree with the others; snag yourself a budget 19" widescreen LCD monitor (newegg.com has 'em near $150) and you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.
Unread 05-21-2007, 09:39 AM
The Indomitable
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalwein
Once we have scaling the interface size issues can be fixed. Until then, though, there's nothing the modders can do. I have to agree with the others; snag yourself a budget 19" widescreen LCD monitor (newegg.com has 'em near $150) and you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.
Indeed O'neil

/nod
Unread 05-21-2007, 06:47 PM
The Wary

if I invest in anew monitor, then I gotta invest in a desk and frankly I just dont have the room for it, thats why I use this monitor, with a TV tuner on my PC it also actas as my TV as well, and no its not some old TV with a VGA adapter on it this is my monitor http://support.gateway.com/s/MONITOR...Z0124301.shtml

not that I dont appriciate the help, but Id rather stick wth my old bigun, and hope for some future UI scaling, or a smaller interface