lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > Graphics modification help (L)

Unread 03-14-2008, 02:48 AM
The Wary

Unit frame animation

As I was editing along I noticed that I couldn't select myself by clicking on my player unit-frame after removing the animation and I quickly realised that my click spams had hit the animation when I wanted to target myself. Obviously I don't want the animation (that's why I removed it) but I still want the ability to select myself by clicking on the unit frame.

I found this reference in SkinDefinition.xml accompanied by the official Book 12 skin resource download:
Code:
<Mapping ArtAssetID="playerportrait_mask_linemeup" FileName="playerportrait_mask_linemeup.tga"></Mapping>
I opened the referenced file up and everything about it makes it look like it's exactly what I'm looking for. It has a circle in the midle that's white and the rest of it is transparent. I figure if I remove the white circle then the animation disappears but lo and behold I was horribly wrong. For the life of me I can't figure out how to remove the animation itself but keeping the field present to allow selecting yourself.

Can someone try to reproduce what I'm doing (I hope I was clear enough) or possibly let me know what I'm doing wrong.