lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > LotRO Wish List (L)

Unread 04-17-2007, 09:19 PM
The Wary

Tracking of Deeds

I believe this is the proper place, sorry Cairenn if it's not... I don't mean to make any extra work for you But by "Turbine Wish List", it makes me feel like this is intended as some sort of suggestion box to Turbine. If it's not, where should I put this?

But now that I've had some time to play the game and get adjusted to all the differences from my customized WoW UI I've had some time to decide what I'd REALLY like to see in this UI.

I think that honestly, my biggest wishlist item would be some way to track basically anything that I want.

For example: I love being able to see how many chunks of Copper Ore I have without opening my bags and moving them around and counting them out. I want to be able to put that in a tracker on screen.

I'd really, really like to be able to track my kills for my slayer deeds on screen instead of having to open my Lore page and flipping to the appropriate tab and then finding that deed and then mousing over the little bar. It could even replace one of my quest objective slots in my quest tracker... IE:

Wolf-Slayer (Advanced, Shire)
-Wolves killed (45 / 60)

And now that I think about it, why not be able to track the places for the exploration deeds in the same manner?

Places of the Hobbits
-Bamfurlong Farm
-Southwatch
-(Can't think of any other off the top of my head)

Or for the copper that I mentioned above. As an aside, when I was playing WoW I had something like this, and I wanted to be able to do math with it, so I could track how many bronze ore I can make... but not a big deal (50 / 2 = 25 is pretty easy haha)

Item Tracking
-Copper Ore (50)
-Tin Ore (25)

Sorry I keep making references to WoW, but it's what I know and this is probably the only thing I miss from that. But I know not every wish can come true

Thanks for reading!
Unread 04-17-2007, 11:20 PM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Precisely the right place, typically. We're a little more lax about it right now, with the game not yet being live and the community still being small, but yeah, this is where I'd have moved it had you posted it elsewhere once things pick up.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Unread 04-17-2007, 11:50 PM
The Indomitable

Just a little tip about that copper ore. If you pull one of the stacks out and put it on a quickslot it will show you a count of how many you have total in your bags just like a potion would.

However you can't do this with deeds...and I couldn't agree more. I'd love to know how many more Shield-Blows I have to do to get that trait without having to shift+L every time.
Unread 05-06-2007, 08:31 AM
The Indomitable

The tracker aside i would like to see a hot tracker, a scroll box type set up that can be turned on or off. Like the quest tracker but more compact. Instead of having 4-6 gold rings with a brief description to the side, a Icon that represents quests,deeds,traits,anything that can be grouped for number purposes, and when you hover over a specific icon whether its the quest, or the traits a pop up box with scroll options can show you what you either have or havent completed. Another click can then bring up a more detailed instruction with more nfo and how to`s.

The quest tracker is great but for smaller res like 1024x768 not only is it to big but alot of the icons and interface is also to be big. Resize could solve that as GuildWars has done. but a more slim down all in one version of a global tracker would be pretty neat with pop-up scroll boxes to gain access to more detailed nfo that you would otherwise have to stop and take the time to thumb through alot of nfo to find.

All in all i really like this idea but it can go even farther and refined to be more slim and compact with a few clicks can get you a full description and instructions if you choose.

Great idea and would love to see it someday come to light if possible.