lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > XML modification help (L)

Unread 10-24-2010, 05:35 PM
The Unscathed

Newbie Drowning In A Sea Of XML!

Hi All,

Since the author hasn't been active on this site for 3+ years and repeated attempts to contact him/her have yielded no results, I am wanting to attempt an F2P update to the 'Cutsie' skin found here: http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...94-Cutsie.html

I have never skinned anything in my life, but I'm really wanting to give this a try. I'm having a lot of trouble getting rid of the custom side-mounted main toolbar and replacing it with a normal, bottom-centered toolbar. Can anyone help me with this? I just can't seem to get it right. I edit the xml to reflect the new art assets, I place the assets into the correct directory and....nothing.

I know it's a pain, but if somebody could show me how it's *supposed* to look, that would really help me out a lot. Thank you in advance!

Respectfully,
Emberleaf
Unread 10-24-2010, 06:54 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Yes it's a lot to take when you first start skinning the UI but soon enough you will get hang of it, trust me

You can start be finding ID="toolbar" tag. This PanelFile element controls the mainbar. If you remove that whole PanelFile section from the skindefinition.xml the skin will start using the default values and therefore moves the mainbar as it is in the stock UI. Then you just have to reskin it.

ID="toolbar" was later renamed ID="ID_UISkin_Toolbar". You can find the updated Panelfile/Element ID's from SkinDictionary.txt from the latest Art Asset Pack.

ArtAssetID="LetterBoxBottom"
assigns the mainbar graphical output (actual skin file). This was later renamed ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom".

Hopefully this gives you some tips to how to proceed (I wouldn't wanna spoil it all for you now wouldn't I hehe). If you need further assistance just ask and I or someone else on this site will try to help.

Last edited by daimon : 10-24-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Unread 10-24-2010, 07:33 PM
The Undying

I was running into a similar issue trying to update the Enclaved Dwarven UI. So if I just remove

<PanelFile ID="toolbar">
<!--Edit Y value of the following line if the elements appear to be in wrong place-->
<Element ID="ToolbarField" X="0" Y="2000" Width="1680" Height="210" Detach="1">

<Element ID="ToolbarFieldMain" X="0" Y="0" Width="1680" Height="210" />
<Element ID="LevelMeter" X="0" Y="203" Width="1680" Height="8">
<Element ID="LevelMeterFill" X="0" Y="1" Width="1680" Height="6">
<Element ID="LevelMeter_BonusMeter" X="0" Y="0" Width="1680" Height="6" />
</Element>
<Element ID="LevelMeterText" X="0" Y="0" Width="1680" Height="1" />
</Element>
<!--Replace Width/Height values if you want to change the visibility of the AutoAttack Button. Visible=W120,H160 Hidden=1 -->
<Element ID="AutoAttackIndicatorButton" X="473" Y="66" Width="158" Height="139" />
<Element ID="ViolentModeIndicator" X="540" Y="50" Width="1" Height="1" />
<Element ID="ToolbarButton_AutoAttack_TutorialHighlight" X="540" Y="50" Width="120" Height="160" />

<!--Replace Width/Height values if you want to change the visibility of the Fervour Meters. Visible=W165,H4 Hidden=1 -->
<Element ID="GamePlay_FervorPipDisplay" X="882" Y="45" Width="165" Height="4" />
<Element ID="GamePlay_AimPipDisplay" X="882" Y="45" Width="165" Height="4" />

<!--Replace Width/Height values if you want to change the visibility of the Main Buttons. Visible=30 Hidden=1 -->
<Element ID="ToolBarButton_Quest" X="1385" Y="31" Width="30" Height="30" />
<Element ID="ToolbarButton_Crafting" X="1351" Y="31" Width="30" Height="30" />
<Element ID="ToolbarButton_Social" X="1317" Y="31" Width="30" Height="30" />
<Element ID="ToolbarButton_Journal" X="1283" Y="31" Width="30" Height="30" />
<Element ID="ToolbarButton_Accomplishment" X="1249" Y="31" Width="30" Height="30" />
<Element ID="ToolBarButton_MainMenu" X="1215" Y="31" Width="30" Height="30" />

<!--Replace Width/Height values if you want to change the visibility of the Bag Buttons. Visible=W30,H35 Hidden=1 -->
<Element ID="ToolbarButton_Inventory" X="1620" Y="31" Width="30" Height="30" />
<Element ID="ToolBarButton_Inventory2" X="1583" Y="31" Width="30" Height="30" />
<Element ID="ToolBarButton_Inventory3" X="1546" Y="31" Width="30" Height="30" />
<Element ID="ToolBarButton_Inventory4" X="1509" Y="31" Width="30" Height="30" />
<Element ID="ToolBarButton_Inventory5" X="1472" Y="31" Width="30" Height="30" />

<!--Replace Width/Height values if you want to change the visibility of the Main Quick Bar. Visible=W450,H35 Hidden=1 -->
<Element ID="Toolbar_Quickslot" X="630" Y="165" Width="420" Height="35" />
</Element>

From the skindefinition file and then add my desired image to ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom" tag, then the UI should use the default placement? Sorry if I just repeated the question you answered. lol

Thanks in advance!
~~Thay
Unread 10-24-2010, 07:44 PM
The Undying

Yes thats basically correct. Although you need to remove everything from <PanelFile ID=".......> to </PanelFile> (the closing tag was not visible in your example).

Then of course you might need to edit some other mainbar related ArtAsset ID's too to make it look good (for example fervour/pip/attunement meters, autoattack button etc).
Unread 10-24-2010, 08:13 PM
The Undying

Ah. okay great thanks!

I tried that before but I hadn't removed everything from PanelFile to PanelFile, only what I thought was associated with the toolbar. lol Going to take another look at it and see what I can come up with.

~~Thay