lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > XML modification help (L)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 11-17-2010, 08:58 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayilis
EDIT: Yes Wicked Mouse, I am using your vault and barter images again because they are that awesome! lol Hope you don't mind.
Ehm, I hope you're planning on crediting that at least =) It's fine you're using my graphic files directly, but then I'd like to be credited for it at least

If you use Adobe Creative Suite products, you will most likely get the Bridge program installed with it. It's a document browser that is capable of showing thumbnails of TGA files. I use it to browse the UI pack from Frosty to find the needed graphic files.
If you go through code you should bump into tags/files that might hint you what is to be changed or change particular graphic files and see what's changed in the game (reverse engineering). That might help you finding the stuff you want to change. This way you don't have to ask other people and wait until they might have supplied you with the answer.

EDIT/PS: graphics that show like that (blue-ish with white pattern) means that the ID tags have been identified in the SkinDefinition.xml file, but that the game could not find the corrisponding graphics file that's associated with it at the location indicated in the xml file.

Last edited by Wicked Mouse : 11-17-2010 at 09:01 AM.