lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Interface Downloads Discussion > Pre-Beta Interfaces (L)

Unread 03-15-2011, 10:35 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Mouse Cursor Highlighter (Advanced)

(21/03/11 - Plugin has been submitted and approved by lotrointerface admin)

Info/Download Page here (also feedback)

Feedback/discussion thread here

#######################################

Ever died all because you couldnt see where the mouse pointer was and unable to hit the potion or other icon needed to save you?.

Are you a healer and sometime miss healing someone because youve lost sight of the mouse cursor?

Do you have any sight problems and you have trouble seeing where the mouse cursor/pointer is at the best of times?

Well im working on something that can help remove the frustration of this.

My best regards to moebius92 for his MouseCircle plugin. I have used his LUA as a starting point and plan to take it far beyond what he supplied us with. I wouldve started a fresh anyhow, even if MouseCircle wasnt available, as the loss of sight of the mouse pointer was driving me crazy.

A Few features already working and/or planned

Ability to change the highlight image. This could enable the user to add their own image without erasing the original(s)
Ability to have it only show while in combat mode or on all the time.
Have the highlighter pulsate, change color or other automatically. So that it is noticable in any enviroment.

These are just a few of the ideas im playing with, ontop of what MouseCircle gave us.

Below are a few screenshot snippets for you to see what ive done so far. Also for your information, screenshots remove the cursor. So youll need to imagine the mouse cursor in the center of the highlight.

UPDATE 18/03/11: All that you see on the options menu is working apart from the combat only, bug free. I have a friend testing at the moment just incase ive missed anything, but will not release until combat only is implemented (at least).
I had a little go at the highlighter auto pulsating and auto colour change, but was unsuccessful. Although i didnt spend a great deal of time on that part, as i wanted to get on with the more important/other parts of the plugin.

################################################

UPDATE 19/03/11: Working on new improved highlighter images (see attachments). Combat only is working now. Need to work on extra bits to incorporate the new design of images, as there are types with solid trims and types with transparent trims. So need to make button and code to flip between them.

UPDATE 20/03/11: Release is very close. I've just finished tweaking the finer points of the plugin.

Additions-
- Added comments for almost everything you do with MCHA and given the option to turn off the bulk of thoughs comments if you dont want to know/see them.
- Added a Toggle Trim button which switches between the 2 types of images. Basically theres 2 versions of each image. One thats all 50% transparent and the other is partly solid and partly 50% transparent.

Already added-
- 16 variations (at the moment) of images, not to mention the huge variations in colour and size slider combinations. (Hopefully get more in before release).
- Highlighter Select button that pops-up a menu of all the images in the folder(s).
- Combat only (checkbox) supported.
- 3 Profiles plus a general settings profile savable/loadable (4 total). The 3 profiles have commands so you can link them to a quickslot for fast and easy switching.
- 3 colour, 1 Alpha Blend and 1 size sliders for a huge variation in highlighter styles.
- On/Off (Checkbox).

Things to do at a later time-
- Replace the image select menu with a dropdown menu. As it stands there is no limit as to how many images/highlighters you can have. So a list that doesnt have a scroll or dropdown/scroll menu may be a disadvantage if someone adds many images.
- Tidy up the code. Its possible that the code could be cut down by 25%-35% (approx), but will take time, and i dont want to prolong the release too much.
- Check wether or not auto pulsating, colouring and/or fading can be implemented.

If anyone is wanting to start making their own highlighter images please do so and let me/us know/see them.
It would be nice to have a few more in the plugin for release.

Things you need to know:-

- Size 100x100 pixels.
- 2 images needed - One thats all 50% opacity and the other Part 50% and Part 100%. See images below (Solid Trims and Transparent Trims). If your not wanting 2 of the same image then its always possible to have 2 totally different images as the same name. i.e. mcha20(ring image) in TransparentTrim Folder and mcha20(square image) in SolidTrim folder. Clicking the Trim Toggle button will swap between them.
- .tga (Targa) format.
- Last but not least, if you have the time make different coloured images too with your set. If you havnt the time then i can make the colour changes pretty quick.

And thats about it

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MCHAhighlighter1.jpg
Views:	1244
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	227  Click image for larger version

Name:	MCHAhighlighter2.jpg
Views:	1240
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	228  Click image for larger version

Name:	MCHAhighlighter3.jpg
Views:	1240
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	229  Click image for larger version

Name:	MCHAhighlighter4.jpg
Views:	1229
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	230  Click image for larger version

Name:	MCHAoptions4.jpg
Views:	1296
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	231  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Saurons Eye.jpg
Views:	1237
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	232  Click image for larger version

Name:	MCHAhighlighters1.jpg
Views:	1280
Size:	249.9 KB
ID:	233  

Last edited by Fortunis : 03-25-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Unread 03-15-2011, 08:10 PM
The Undying

Updated main post with second image (Options Menu). Still in the early stages.
Unread 03-16-2011, 03:25 AM
The Wary

Looking forward to this, keep up the good work. Lost count of the number of times when raid healing having to franticly shove my mouse around trying to get the pointer into a screen corner, so I can then get back to clicking raid members anxiously waiting for a little more morale.
Unread 03-16-2011, 08:02 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molan
Looking forward to this, keep up the good work. Lost count of the number of times when raid healing having to franticly shove my mouse around trying to get the pointer into a screen corner, so I can then get back to clicking raid members anxiously waiting for a little more morale.
Thanks for your input on this Molan. Im happy that this will aid people in what is a badly designed mouse pointer versus enviroment by Turbine. There are many situation where speed of mouse movement to click something is needed and im sure my plugin will reduce (if not remove) all these issues.

Last edited by Fortunis : 03-16-2011 at 08:27 AM.
Unread 03-16-2011, 05:37 PM
The Undying

Updated main post with some more images of the updated options menu and the six highlighter images ive made so far.

Last edited by Fortunis : 03-16-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Unread 03-17-2011, 04:57 PM
The Undying

Another update

A new Options menu image placed on main post attachments.

Other menu images have been removed.
Unread 03-19-2011, 09:34 AM
The Undying

Decided to scrap the highlight images i made and go for full coloured ones, using a different blend tecnique. Will make a few and post images later.

Got combat only working. Just a few little tweaks here and there to do.
Unread 03-19-2011, 10:47 AM
The Wary

I play a number of different characters including healers, and this will be a real help. Even better is the option to swap in my own image. Looking forward to trying it out!

~ FireSong
Unread 03-20-2011, 02:08 PM
The Undying

Inserted an update on the main post and added the latest Options Menu image.
Unread 03-21-2011, 11:44 AM
The Undying

Update21/03/11

Plugin has been submitted and awaiting approval by lotrointerface admin)

EDIT Download here http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=537

Last edited by Fortunis : 03-21-2011 at 11:52 AM.