Just FYI... I do completely agree it's a PITA right now, I have been able to minimize this almost entirely by adding a shortcut to my toolbar to (upon clicking) load the "manager" plugin.
The short directions:
- Unlock your toolbars if you have them locked.
- Move the current item out of your very first toolbar button slot on your main toolbar (this is just temporary... drop it into an open slot).
- Issue the command: /shortcut 1 /plugins load manager
- Now drag that shortcut to where you want your "click here to load your plugins" button.
- Move your original toolbar button item back into the first slot.
- Lock your toolbars if you want.
Once you have "manager" configured, all you need to do is remember to click the shortcut button. Since it's black it kind of stands out so I tend to see it and remember to load them whenever I log in.