lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > General Authoring Discussion (L)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-20-2007, 11:22 AM
The Wary

Wow.. it's nice to see Turbine devs involve din this kind of discussion.
Let me add my vote to the tally: it would be great to have scripting/modding capabilities that extend beyond the skinning.

I'm a software developer by trade, so I understand the complexity of this sort of task. Yes, even if the engine is in place for the development team, simply opening up the system to the average users out there is quite daunting.

I also have to say that the base GUI provided by LOTRO seems to cover most of what's needed (e.g. the social tab, the LFF system, the crafting, etc etc). However, we said the same thing when wow first came out... and in a short time we all realized that there was more to be added.

I think this is pretty normal. Covering 100%, or even 80% of the end-user needs is a difficult task. Sometimes, spending the time to develop an infrastructure that lets the users extend the system as they need is the best alternative.

Yeah, I'm rambling.. it's the same rambling I spill with my managers often and repeatedly :P

Is there a place on the official LOTRO website where we could/should post our thoughts in regard ?

Thanks,
~K