lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > XML modification help (L)

Unread 03-19-2008, 01:42 AM
The Wary

A Couple of Quick Questions

Hello,

I was just wondering if any of you could help with a couple of questions please.

1: On the hotbars there are letters and numbers(to show you the keys to press), is there a way to get rid of these so when icons are place in them they dont show up ?

2: If anyone knows the files names for these parts;

A) The War progress bar and Reputation progress bars

B) On the menu where you change and equip your titles what is the files for the highlight, select/active, default, and mouseover for the title box.

C) In your skills menu what is the file for mouse over. I've found the one for the borders but when I mouse over the skills part the box stays the same.

Thats all I need left to finish up my skin for now. If any of you could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated. Well thanks for your time
And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. We shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Unread 03-19-2008, 05:17 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

1) AFAIK the key binding settings are always displayed if any are set. That's a game thing, not an UI thing, I think.

2) A: Process bars can be skinned with "progress_overlay_background" and "progress_overlay", but they do not work currently.

B & C: try looking at the selection graphics. Change one or remove the picture to see which picture is replaced by the "dummy graphics" (the light blue with white stripes), when you got the asset ID included in your XML.
Unread 03-19-2008, 04:40 PM
The Wary

Thanks for the info Wicked Mouse.

When i said progress bars i didn't mean the actual bar i meant the background details. like the silver design that goes around it.

Oh dos anyone know of a way to view your skin without logging into the game ? i tried skin viewer by dhicks, it works for the most part but it doesn't show some stuff I'm working on now. i cant get it to show player or opponent vitals, mail or so on. but like i said it is very helpful in what it does show.
And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. We shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Unread 03-19-2008, 06:47 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The game only loads the XML file at start up. So if you make changes to the XML file, then yes indeed you have to restart the game, if you really want to look how it works out in the game. Though LOTRO skin viewer (amongst the developer downloads here) can help you a bit, if you're still constructing your code.

For the images though, if you have replaced an image (new art, adjustments, whatever) and you haven't changed the XML code, you can simply reload the skin by choosing a different one or none, and then change it back to your skin. This will force the game to load all the images again.
Unread 03-20-2008, 07:51 AM
The Wary

thanks again for the tips. i made a dummy UI and started ripping files out one by one till i found the one i wanted to edit. it takes a while but its way faster then logging and relogging over and over again.