lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > DDO > Developer Discussions > XML modification help (D)

Unread 03-28-2008, 09:34 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Minimalized letterbox with all buttons

Okay as die-hards require a small letterbox for my skin, I'll have to look into making one

I'd like to know the code for the following:
- large/long xp bar
- all bag buttons and system buttons, but how to reposition them and resize them
- make the overall letterbox smaller? Or just fill it with transparent pixels?

Thanks in advance. I've been looking at various skins, I've seen various stuff but not all the stuff I'd like to see Maybe some vetarans can help me out?
Unread 03-28-2008, 12:55 PM
The Undying

Only a VERY little, because I really have to shift through all the code again and discover by trial and error myself what is what and what does what x) Or how to use this.. extra file in the skin? Or include it in the XML? O_o

Can someone already familiar with this just point my into the right direction (showing code) and tell how it behaves?

Last edited by Wicked Mouse : 03-28-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Unread 03-29-2008, 01:27 AM
The Indomitable

Greets,

Well I'm not a veteran, but I think I have found what you are looking for. When I started, I wanted a minimalist letterbox...All I wanted were my quick slot buttons...No artwork, no system buttons, no bag buttons, etc. Thanks to the DaimonUI, I was able to find the panel file to do it...

Code:
<!--Mainframe Art-->
  <Mapping ArtAssetID="LetterBoxBottom"                                     FileName="../DaimonUIElements/bg_daimon.tga" />

<!--Element Properties-->
  <PanelFile ID="toolbar">
                                                                        <!--Edit Y value of the following line if the elements appear to be in wrong place-->
    <Element ID="ToolbarField"                                              X="0"    Y="1210" Width="1280" Height="230" Detach="1">

<Element ID="ToolbarFieldMain"                                      X="0"    Y="0"    Width="1280" Height="230" />
        <Element ID="LevelMeter"                                            X="0"    Y="223"  Width="1280" Height="8">
            <Element ID="LevelMeterFill"                                    X="0"    Y="1"    Width="1280" Height="6">
                <Element ID="LevelMeter_BonusMeter"                         X="0"    Y="0"    Width="1280" Height="6" />
            </Element>
            <Element ID="LevelMeterText"                                    X="0"    Y="0"    Width="1280" Height="1" />
        </Element>

<Element ID="AutoAttackIndicatorButton"                             X="628"  Y="58"   Width="26"   Height="29" />
        <Element ID="ViolentModeIndicator"                                  X="628"  Y="58"   Width="1"    Height="1" />
        <Element ID="ToolbarButton_AutoAttack_TutorialHighlight"            X="628"  Y="58"   Width="26"   Height="29" />

<Element ID="GamePlay_FervorPipDisplay"                             X="580"  Y="0"    Width="120"  Height="50" />
        <Element ID="GamePlay_AimPipDisplay"                                X="595"  Y="33"   Width="90"   Height="20" />

<!--Replace Width/Height values if you want to change the visibility of the Main Buttons. Visible=30 Hidden=1 -->
        <Element ID="ToolBarButton_Quest"                                   X="0"    Y="23"   Width="30"   Height="30" />
        <Element ID="ToolbarButton_Crafting"                                X="0"    Y="56"   Width="30"   Height="30" />
        <Element ID="ToolbarButton_Social"                                  X="0"    Y="89"   Width="30"   Height="30" />
        <Element ID="ToolbarButton_Journal"                                 X="0"    Y="123"  Width="30"   Height="30" />
        <Element ID="ToolbarButton_Accomplishment"                          X="0"    Y="157"  Width="30"   Height="30" />
        <Element ID="ToolBarButton_MainMenu"                                X="0"    Y="191"  Width="30"   Height="30" />

<!--Replace Width/Height values if you want to change the visibility of the Bag Buttons. Visible=W25,H10 Hidden=1 -->
        <Element ID="ToolbarButton_Inventory"                               X="432"  Y="56"   Width="25"   Height="10" />
        <Element ID="ToolBarButton_Inventory2"                              X="432"  Y="68"   Width="25"   Height="10" />
        <Element ID="ToolBarButton_Inventory3"                              X="432"  Y="80"   Width="25"   Height="10" />
        <Element ID="ToolBarButton_Inventory4"                              X="432"  Y="92"   Width="25"   Height="10" />
        <Element ID="ToolBarButton_Inventory5"                              X="432"  Y="104"  Width="25"   Height="10" />

<!--Replace Width/Height values if you want to change the visibility of the Main Bar. Visible=W450,H35 Hidden=1 -->
        <Element ID="Toolbar_Quickslot"                                     X="430"  Y="188"  Width="420"  Height="35" />
    </Element>
  </PanelFile>
If you want to loose/change the artwork for the letterbox you need to remap the "LetterBoxBottom" file to your file (don't forget the alpha channel when editing). The rest of the elements are pretty self explanatory. Change X/Y values to move things, change the Width/Height values to resize or remove elements. I hope the code from the DaimonUI will help you as much as it helped me
Unread 03-29-2008, 01:28 AM
The Undying

And where do I have to put it? Just in the regular XML file?
Unread 03-29-2008, 01:32 AM
The Indomitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Mouse
And where do I have to put it? Just in the regular XML file?
Yup, just throw it in your SkinDefinition.xml and edit the values as needed Again, big props to the author of the DaimonUI for the code.
Unread 03-29-2008, 08:57 AM
The Undying

Heh .. I know him. He's in my guild/kin/community.. I'll bug him then if I got any more specific questions
Unread 03-29-2008, 11:43 AM
The Undying

O_o... programmers..

<PanelFile ID="toolbar"></PanelFile> works..

The tag given in the UI pack from Turbine:
<PanelFile ID="ID_UISkin_Toolbar"></PanelFile> ..doesn't.. even worse: a lot of textures start to twitch on screen.. painful to the eyes (using Ultra High settings at least).
Unread 03-29-2008, 12:51 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Mouse
O_o... programmers..

<PanelFile ID="toolbar"></PanelFile> works..

The tag given in the UI pack from Turbine:
<PanelFile ID="ID_UISkin_Toolbar"></PanelFile> ..doesn't.. even worse: a lot of textures start to twitch on screen.. painful to the eyes (using Ultra High settings at least).
They Know

http://www.lotrointerface.com/forums...=2581#post2581
Unread 03-29-2008, 02:05 PM
The Undying

Thanks

Luckily it didn't take me hours, but just a few minutes
Unread 04-01-2008, 07:02 PM
The Undying

Oh, and, why is this in DDO?