Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Unread 03-01-2007, 12:21 AM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Premium Membership

We are working on setting up Premium Membership features for our sites. Let me make this very clear. None of our existing features are going away. Everything you can currently access, you will still be able to access whether you get a Premium Membership or not. Everything you are used to from our sites, from file moderation queues making sure that all downloads are completely safe, to standards of behaviour on the forums, to me being a big flirt will remain. So with that being said:

What are your suggestions for some of the things you would like to see as a Premium Member on our sites? Ads no longer showing is a given. But what else? What additional benefits would you like to see? No guarantee that it'll happen, but any and all suggestions will be considered.*

*With one exception - before Dolby or Kudane even get the chance to suggest it - no, autographed posters of me are not an option.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Unread 03-01-2007, 01:34 AM
The Undefeated

Send a message via AIM to xanius
What about posters of you and we just sign it ourselves?

Now, as far as premium membership benefits...I can't really think of anything. The free features cover just about everything that could be needed.

Custom titles on the forum would be cool.
Unread 04-08-2007, 06:34 PM
The Wary
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairenn
no, autographed posters of me are not an option.
But... but...
Unread 05-04-2007, 12:17 AM
The Undefeated
Premium Member

Hmm, I think I posted this at EQInterface or VGInterface, but I'll put it here cause I am too lazy to check atm,

I would love for the username and log-in info to cover all the sites. (Yes I do realize that that may be a very difficult undertakling without combining the forums and combining the forums would most certainly be a PITA.)

Weskat
Unread 05-04-2007, 08:13 AM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weskat
Hmm, I think I posted this at EQInterface or VGInterface, but I'll put it here cause I am too lazy to check atm,
You'd posted it over at VGI, so I'll just copy my response from over there too.

Dolby had talked about the work that would be involved in changing the sites to a single common login somewhere else, I'll see if I can find the post for you.

/edit - Ah ha here we go.

Unread 05-04-2007, 08:39 AM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member

I can't think of any premium features that could be offered. Perhaps something like the SVN system that WoWace.com uses once the UI gets opened up and we start fussing with the XML files.

All I know is I'm already a premium subscriber at Allakhazam, a paid subscriber to LavishSoft, and a frequent computer upgrader just so I can get those extra 3 FPS, so paying another subscription fee would have to have some compelling reasons - not to say I wouldn't support the interface.com network.

BTW, three cheers for not having a queue on Silverlode anymore!!
Unread 05-04-2007, 09:48 AM
The Wary

Smile

Well, I guess "special" titles has already been discussed I think, so that'd be cool. Titles that you can only get by being premium. Maybe have it so that premium members are allowed to have larger Avitars than non-premium. (Guys should like that? Mine is bigger than yours? LOL!!! ) Umm...let's see...access to upload space? Maybe we all already have some for avitars and such, but maybe premium members get some for "other stuff". Maybe more "refined" search abilities? Special Premium member only forum areas to talk down about those that aren't premium. LOL j/k but maybe special forum areas, but not sure what would be discussed there. hehe

Ok... that's about all I can come up with for the moment. (This is also Azuresky from the EQ2interface, and Azurenyte from the WoWinterface, Gracey from the VGinterface...I think that is what I've signed up with there. Premium would be nice to be able to have one login that would "link" them all though. A seperate little interface that would login all the "logins" that I listed in it for each of the sites? Ok... I'm done... really... Going now....

Last edited by Gracey : 05-04-2007 at 09:52 AM.
Unread 05-04-2007, 05:17 PM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member

You forgot your close parenthesis in that last paragraph, Gracey! Gosh the shame of it!
Unread 05-05-2007, 01:14 AM
The Undefeated
Premium Member

So it goes in the not a bad idea just not really feasible category, I'm ok with that.
hmmm, but that search would've been a bit more difficult if I had different logins :P

Ahh, another idea: bundle premium membership at the interface sites with premium at Alla's (bah, then I would have to change my login at Alla's )
Unread 05-05-2007, 08:59 AM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin

Read the rest of the thread I linked.