Currently working on a replacement for Enfield's Panel Viewer
Hello folks at LOTROInterface.
You guys did a marvelous job with awesome UIs prior to Moria. It was a tough job even then to design a successful and good looking UI. Now that everything can be moved around freely, the possibilities are limitless! But god.. how much more work is it?
At least some nice folks like Enfield did a panel viewer that could assists you doing that. I was blown away by all the capabilities... since it's only a web page.
Then, I thought I could maybe help out too!
I'm currently working on an .NET application that would do everything Enfield done... but with more features.
I'm still wondering what are the most important feature but here's a list of what I thought.
- View and edit panels' properties in real time (Like Enfield Panel Viewer)
- View a graphic representation of the panels and element. With highlight upon selection (and include multi-selection support)
- Edit the graphic representation and update the properties in real-time. You could grab the panels around or resize them without having to bother about numbers.
- Multiple-selection edition of panels. Select multiple panel and drag or resize them all at once!
- Include the texture of the panel (tough since there's no TGA support in .NET. I could easily add this for PNGs though (including transparency). This could let you resize panels and graphics to fit your new png in no time... Then, you'd have to convert everything in TGA though. Unless someone can help me to do a TGA adapter.)
- Undo/redo capabilities
- Absolute positionning support for multiple resolution (you set absolute positionning on for an element. When creating the mod at the end, it will create different xml for the different resolutions.)
I just throwing ideas guys. If you have more, shoot them.. and please, help me priorise them too. I'm building it using Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.