lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Interface Downloads Discussion > Released Interfaces (L)

Unread 10-09-2010, 10:23 PM
The Wary

Mining Nodes/mat spawns

I was wondering if anyone had done work on an addon that shows node locations and availability for material spawns. I know that there were a few good ones for other MMOs and although I know that there are major differences between them I was wondering if anyone was pursuing this idea.
Unread 10-09-2010, 10:44 PM
The Wary

I was also wondering if there was a decent deed tracker or monster tracker that anyone knows about. If anyone knows anything about one i'd really appreciate it if they passed it on.
Unread 10-10-2010, 01:54 AM
The Wary
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I'm not aware of anything 'in-game' yet that will assist with deeds, however, you could try http://www.burgzerg.com/.
Unread 10-10-2010, 08:08 PM
The Undying

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
It would be possible...however there are a couple of things that complicate matters.

Node spawns are not completely static. Just because a Barrow Iron node spawns in one location one time, doesn't mean that the next time it will be in that exact same spot.

Second, ore tends to share spawns - so that particular spot might contain barrow iron, or it could be gold or it could be nothing.

So best case scenario is that a particular spawn point will show you where someone got one of two types of ore at one time.

It can be mapped, and I do have plans on including such data, but it's probably only going to be useful to get an idea of which areas contain what tier, and possibly for scholar mats, as those are in short supply until you get to Moria.

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros
Unread 02-28-2011, 01:49 PM
The Indomitable

Resources nodes in a zone will always spawn the same tier of item, but in the case of ore, it won't always be the same type. Also, only a fraction of the total nodes in a zone will be active at any given time.

I've been playing with a plugin to record the locations of resources, but with the current API, I'm not happy with its functionality. All locations have to be entered manually (I really wish scripts could get the current location) and there is no nice way to display these locations on a map. I've tried using a screen capture to create an editable map, but it won't scale to different screen sizes.
Unread 02-28-2011, 01:55 PM
The Indomitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Jesus Level 8
I was also wondering if there was a decent deed tracker or monster tracker that anyone knows about. If anyone knows anything about one i'd really appreciate it if they passed it on.
I'm currently working on a plugin for deeds. When it has enough functionality to be useful, I'll be posting it in the downloads area.
Unread 10-04-2011, 11:26 AM
The Wary

I'm searching for a similar Material Spawn tracker, sort of like "Gatherer" for WoW.

Originally, it just tracked where nodes were, marked them on your map/minimap and displayed how many times you had gathered from that node.

Later versions added a graphic indicating the type picked up.

Something similar would be super-awesome for LOTRO -- records the location of the gather on your map and counts the number of times you've mined that spot.
Unread 10-04-2011, 05:36 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtrick2003
I'm searching for a similar Material Spawn tracker, sort of like "Gatherer" for WoW.

Originally, it just tracked where nodes were, marked them on your map/minimap and displayed how many times you had gathered from that node.

Later versions added a graphic indicating the type picked up.

Something similar would be super-awesome for LOTRO -- records the location of the gather on your map and counts the number of times you've mined that spot.
The closest you will get is MoorMap which allows you to annotate a copy of the parchement maps. There is a "Quick Annotation" tool that you can click to add an annotation for your current target at your current location or you can set up a shortcut on a built-in quickslot if you prefer hotkeys. Nodes can be filtered by Tier and type.

There are quite a number of people already using it specifically for tracking node locations. It doesn't count the number of times you've mined a node but if you really, really want to track that info, you can edit the annotation manually to add that.

Last edited by Garan : 10-04-2011 at 05:38 PM.