lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Interface Downloads Discussion > Released Interfaces (L)

Unread 07-04-2007, 02:09 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Smile Trottimus's Elaboration

Just noticed this release thread! Thought I might post here and see what feedback I get

This is my first proper full UI release, and even though i'm happy that i've actually managed to make a skin, I'm still not too sure whether it's really there yet.

So if you guys do try it out, please leave some feedback, good or bad. After all, without knowing whats wrong, how can anyone get better?

I think I may slow down on the updates, and work on getting more graphical changes in place before uploading it. Because I can see that getting quite aggravating for people that do use it, and find that it updates daily! :P

Just like to make a quick thanks to all the guys that have helped me out with this, mainly Aalwein, D.H1cks and AncientWolf. You're all super guys that just keep giving! Couldn't have made it without you.

Also special thanks to the admins and moderators for all their hard work behind the scenes

So yep, feel free to leave a comment, anything is appreciated, even if it's about how I worded my description of the download!
Unread 07-04-2007, 04:32 PM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member

Hey Trot, drop a post in here with an quick update as you are changing things - like a progress report type deal - so we aren't changing the same artwork at the same time. It'll cut down our development time
Unread 07-05-2007, 05:18 AM
The Undying

Good idea. I'm currently working on a bigger bottom bar to fit 4 quick slots, yet still keep minimal in size.

Here's a rough template to show what I have so far:

Not quite sure where to put the auto attack button yet, that thing is so annoying! :P
Unread 07-05-2007, 12:37 PM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member

Slap it in the middle again; this time you wont have to give up quick slots either because you'll just be placing it between hotbars.

I'd have two versions of it though, one in which the main hot bar is in the bottom left slots, and one in which it's in the bottom right.
Unread 07-07-2007, 04:33 AM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member

Exclamation

I've noticed a few graphics could use a little work Trot. I won't have time to work on em this weekend, but maybe you will have a little time.
  1. On the ends of the text buttons, you can see black backgrounds to square off the corners. Missing the alpha layer maybe?
  2. The corner pieces of the boxes (upper_left, upper_right, etc.) are also squared off with black background (again, maybe alpha layer issue).
  3. The travel window (dismount button when on a stable master's horse) transparency looks terrible. The transparency layers overlap and make a visibly dark line down the middle of the window.
  4. Stable-master window is showing standard artwork when you hover over and select a destination. (See thread on ScarletU for a screenshot).
That's everything I've noticed so far. Except I hate how the SU coloring turned out on my letterbox art... I gotta put some more work into it. Looks more green then red, if you ask me.
Unread 07-09-2007, 02:48 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottimus
Good idea. I'm currently working on a bigger bottom bar to fit 4 quick slots, yet still keep minimal in size.

Here's a rough template to show what I have so far:

Not quite sure where to put the auto attack button yet, that thing is so annoying! :P
Don't know if you are interested but my mainbar skin, EvolutionBar, is almost what you describe in the image above. If you like it just to download and incorporate into your skin (whole or part whatever you like).

Regarding the autoattack button I made it about a quarter of the size and put it to the left of the quickbars, but you could aswell hide it by settings it's width and height to "1".

Last edited by Weezl : 07-09-2007 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Fixed typos
Unread 07-14-2007, 06:41 PM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalwein
I've noticed a few graphics could use a little work Trot. I won't have time to work on em this weekend, but maybe you will have a little time.
  1. On the ends of the text buttons, you can see black backgrounds to square off the corners. Missing the alpha layer maybe?
  2. The corner pieces of the boxes (upper_left, upper_right, etc.) are also squared off with black background (again, maybe alpha layer issue).
  3. The travel window (dismount button when on a stable master's horse) transparency looks terrible. The transparency layers overlap and make a visibly dark line down the middle of the window.
  4. Stable-master window is showing standard artwork when you hover over and select a destination. (See thread on ScarletU for a screenshot).
That's everything I've noticed so far. Except I hate how the SU coloring turned out on my letterbox art... I gotta put some more work into it. Looks more green then red, if you ask me.
Trot: I tried playing around with the artwork on these issues but I'm completely at a loss. The artwork for the stable-master is all correctly set and yet doesn't work in-game. The corner pieces all have transparency set correctly. All the buttons are correctly set with alpha layers (after my buttonfix patch) yet there are still windows that show a black edge around them. Have you tried anything to fix these with any success?

EDIT: upon further investigation - the button issue only occurs in the stable master window. This, along with the artwork for selection your destination not working, leads me to believe there might be an issue with our access to the window art moreso than our homebrew artwork. Added a screenshot of the window - you can see all the errors at once. The corner art is an issue on every window.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error1.jpg
Views:	1108
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	70  

Last edited by Aalwein : 07-14-2007 at 06:59 PM. Reason: added screenshot
Unread 07-14-2007, 07:46 PM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member

Here's a screenshot of the dismount button. I think we might need to adjust the transparency levels on this art and get the base_box_center added to the art and transparency set to match.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error2.jpg
Views:	981
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	71  
Unread 07-15-2007, 04:28 PM
The Undying

Hey Aalwein,

Thanks for all your investigation, I had not actually picked up on the transparency problem because the gamma on my screen was quite low when putting it together. But after putting it up a notch it looks horrible!

I'll have a go at fixing this, and show you some results in this thread.

Thanks again,

Trottimus
Unread 07-21-2007, 07:25 AM
The Undying

Hello,

Sorry to say this but I'm very busy at the moment with a lot of things, so it may be a while before I get a chance to properly have a look at the transparency issues. Rather annoying eh?

Thanks,

Trottimus