View Single Post
Unread 07-04-2009, 06:06 PM
The Wary

Wanted: A Drow Style Interface

Aloha!

First and foremost I want to thank the creators of this site for developing the community. I have often wanted to change the the UI for LotRO but simply lack the knowledge and time to do so with any professional acumen. Consequently I decided to search around and see if anyone else had similar ideas hence my discovery of this community.

In short I want to make a dark highly stylized drow themed interface but as I said I lack the skill and time. Additionally I have not seen any themes here that call to me to any degree hence this post. I do have some money however and am willing to pay someone with the right skills to make what I want done.

Currently I have two ideas. The first is very simple, use the original assets and get rid of the all the gray and make it red or yellow with black shadows. A perfect example of what i have in mind is the following DA logo:

The second and more original way would be to develop a complete new UI that is very elegant, captivating and yet eerie (think raw elvish/celtic orientation with oblong shapes, angles and stereotypical insect type of iconography* with a brutal naked power feel) which I think would entail a lot of effort - especially for none artistic types like myself.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in getting such a project started please let me know.

*Some classic examples:

Last edited by Spartan : 07-04-2009 at 10:09 PM.