View Single Post
Unread 01-10-2016, 12:59 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I was hoping he meant to read the advancement messages that grant and complete quests and deeds and track his own record moving forward (basically what AltInventory 1.x used to do and the next version of AltViewer does). Unfortunately, as Thurallor pointed out, quest and deed history is not accessible via Lua, not even via the chat interface.

As to the file format, I have written several external parsers for the .plugindata file format in various languages (VBA was one but alas I deleted that project many, many moons ago) and it's not really all that hard, especially if the table has no subtables, just a series of keyed entries. For a generic solution, it would help if the developer had a fair knowledge of regular expressions and parsing but for a limited scope it's not really necessary.

Actually, this thread has started getting me interested in dusting off AltViewer along with the external web site I was developing to allow users to track and display their alts on line - a project that got started when Turbine cancelled the MyLotro site but fell victim to the dreaded "ToDo-list-bloat".

Last edited by Garan : 01-10-2016 at 01:03 PM.