View Single Post
Unread 03-05-2007, 01:06 PM
The Indomitable
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Well yea, obviously transparency is the key in using odd-shaped images in the game, using the mask to create the transparent area. But doesn't that mean, on an image I download from, say, here (take for instance the E3 or Dwarven Bottom Bar), that the image should be 1024x(insertx2pixelhere)?

Both images show at 1024x85 pixels. It just seems odd to me, or maybe I'm missing something? It's not just the "image" portion, the 85 pixel height includes the black alpha channel that contains the transparency.

Also: I should ask as well. When creating a bottom bar, can the width of the image vary? Or is there a limitation based on the "AssetID" that allows it to only be a certain width/height? I'm curious because I'm going to attempt skinning all the way across the bottom of the screen (at 1280px width), and I'm wondering if the image will be limited through scaling/stretching once I apply the skin in-game (can't try it right now, I made it at work and won't get to try uploading it until I get home tonight).